Stolen Bike - Returned

redjeepǃ
redjeepǃ Posts: 531
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
My son had his bike stolen from outside his house a couple of weeks ago, so was massively upset about it. It was an old steel Raleigh roadbike that he used to commute to Uni on each day. It wasn't so much the value, just that he was attached to it and that we'd both done some work on it to get it perfect for him.

Anyway, he was near his house today and saw somebody riding it. He followed him and ended up at the local bike shop. It turns out the guy riding it was a mechanic at the shop who'd taken the bike in part-ex against a new bike 2 weeks ago. They'd given him £150 for it against the new bike.

After some discussion with the shop owner he gets his bike back, and here's the really sweet part, it turns out that the thieving scumbag had left his new bike in the shop today for a service, so it seems that the owner is going to have a fairly "robust" discussion with him when he comes back for it. Apparently he'd given him the line that he'd had it years and used it for Triathlons.

:D

Comments

• Police involvement?
  • The shop owner did comment on calling the Police after his discussion with the scumbag.

It also occurred to me that the shop owner could be part of it, but my son doesn't think that's the case.