I Would Walk 200 Miles (in a year) And Cycle 50 More

jamesco
jamesco Posts: 687
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
_64429614_walking_stats_464.gif

From the beeb, that's the average distance cycled in a year. Put another way, the average Brit get's off his/her bum for 11 minutes of cycling & walking (total) everyday... Sounds bad enough, but think how much you're dragging up the average :shock:

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    edited November 2012
    Neat. That's about one day's commute, just to beat the average for the whole year. <smug>.

:)
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Well, I cover 74 people for their cycling
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    CiB wrote:
    Neat. That's about one day's commute, just to beat the average for the whole year. <smug>.

:)
    You walk 200 miles to work and back? ;)
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I've got an 11 minute (or so) walk to and from where I park the car if I drive to work, so that's double already. Plus my usual lunchtime wander.

And the cycling obviously, I probably do 100x what a 'normal' person does. And that's low compared to some others on here!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    I've got to say i'm surprised the cycling is that "high"

My friends who are non cyclists will probably touch a bike twice a year, and do no more than 10 miles each time.
  • willy b wrote:
    I've got to say i'm surprised the cycling is that "high"

My friends who are non cyclists will probably touch a bike twice a year, and do no more than 10 miles each time.

If it was done by survey, my guess is that people probably over-estimated their use. And, for every one of us, there's probably 50-100 people that never touch a bike.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    as they say: if you think how dumb the average person is, 50% of them are even dumber!
    FCN = 4
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Cool! So I'm covering for 140 to 200 people annually! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • MTB-Idle wrote:
    as they say: if you think how dumb the average person is, 50% of them are even dumber!

That's mean (see what I did there?) :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH