Malt loaf and cheese

Herbsman
Herbsman Posts: 2,029
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
Anyone else a fan?

Reminds me of Jamaican bun & cheese traditionally eaten at Easter.
CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Soreen? Yes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ^^^^ massive +1
  • indeedy - try it with stinky cheese.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Would be strange to have it without cheese.. extra mature cheddar please. :D
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    As a Yorkshire lad I was brought up with the tradition of eating cheese with christmas cake, so why not? Sounds yummy.

Raised a few southern eyebrows at our wedding reception when the northern contingent insisted the hotel find some cheese to accompany the wedding cake.
  • Interesting ...... I cannot stand Malt Loaf but love their Banan bread instead - hadn't thought of cheese with it on rides though.

Something for the weekend I think :)
  • Ooooh, yes please!

Not quite as nice as Dundee cake and cheddar* but it'll do as a stand in! :)

* no matter how hard I try, I can not get my wife to believe this is a tasty combination. She won't even try it!** :roll:

** the cake, before you start Cleat!
  • Fantastic with a nice mature cheddar!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    keef66 wrote:
    As a Yorkshire lad I was brought up with the tradition of eating cheese with christmas cake, so why not? Sounds yummy.

Raised a few southern eyebrows at our wedding reception when the northern contingent insisted the hotel find some cheese to accompany the wedding cake.
    Cheese and Apple pie. Mmmmmmm
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Toasted with melted cheese. Haven't had that for ages, think I'll go make some now....
    More problems but still living....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I prefer cheesy peas with even cheesier peas.

This week I have been mostly eating...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • WTF! This all just sounds very odd indeed. Malt bread...and cheese? Gonna have to try it, but i've never had malt loaf with anything but a nice thick spread of butter. Yum! Gonna have to go get some cheese then. At least it will give me a chance to do a la Partridge "i've got some cheese!"
  • For variety add some Nutella
    (Or if you must peanut butter and/or jam)
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    johnboy183 wrote:
    For variety add some Nutella

Nutella and banana soreen is ace.
    More problems but still living....
  • amaferanga wrote:
    johnboy183 wrote:
    For variety add some Nutella

Nutella and banana soreen is ace.

Nutella is ace!!
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Fruit cake (dark or light) with mature Wensleydale is a superb combination. Also cinnamon and raisin bagels (toasted) with garlic and herb Philadelphia
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er