NO! - vember part 132

muzzan
muzzan Posts: 203
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
So I can add to the list of fallers this month. Ist time Ive come off, was turning right quite slowly & wheels just slid from under me. Probably misjudged the road surface, there must have been some surface frost, its a corner I've taken many times without the remotest worry before. As far as I can tell the significant damage is:

1. Right shifter (Sram apex) bent. Bent it back in place as best I could. Still shifting but far from perfect.
2. Pride. Fell in front of a car & there were others about. Cant say anybody rushed to my aid though!
3. Very minor road rash to right shin, nothing really. Think I got off quite lightly.

Really hope the shifter/gears are ok, could do without that repair bill! I not long go had halfords replace the same shifter under warranty as it had stopped working.

Will give a better inspection in the daylight, may well be damage to the rear mech area as it surely took some impact as well.

Oh well, 1st time had to come I guess, could have been a lot worse reading some of the recent incidents on here.

Comments

• phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Sorry to hear it and heal up soon.

Get someone to check the alignment on your rear mech hanger. Might need replacing. Usually a cheap bit to replace, but can be difficult to track down.
  • Hard luck. Judging by the other accounts you have come out (fairly) well. The roads are very slippery at present, riding today on slightly over-inflated tyres, it was quite twitchy at times and this on my big, blue, steel tourer with 28mm Randonneurs! The amount of water running off the fields onto the road is impressive, in a scary sort of way.
    'fool'