Pump bracket / holder for giant defy4

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited November 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi I'm after a pump bracket or a holder to fit on the down tube think its called that??? ( the bit the seat post goes into and down to the bottom bracket. Any way is there a good bracket that you could recommend please I have the 2 Allen bolts for a bottle cage etc
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    my pump came with a bracket that fits under the water bottle holder.Was from halfords so maybe you could look there.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    I don't do halfords lol
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    maybe you should start,then you may actually get something you want lol
    i aint proud.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    One of my bikes has a Topeak pump in a different bracket. The clips are designed for a slightly larger diameter barrel pump but I've added a velcro strap which holds it securely in place.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Back pocket only. No clutter on frames. Obey the rules. Word. :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    My Lezyne Mini Pressure Drive Small just fits into the Topeak small aero wedge bag. So it gets the pump off the frame, but having a saddle bag is itself against the rules (but its really quite small, honest)
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    2 things:

The frame tube you're referring to is the seat tube. The down tube is the diagonal one that joins the head tube and bottom bracket.

My Topeak Road Morph pump came with a bracket that fits using the 2 bolts you describe. I have mine on the seat tube as you want. Topeak do sell lots of spares; you may be able to find the bracket as a spare.

Trouble is, it takes up the space of a bottle cage so I only have one on the downtube, which in summer is often not enough. The bracket came with zip ties for mounting beneath the top tube, but I don't think that would look very nice.
  • Back pocket only. No clutter on frames. Obey the rules. Word. :wink:

I did just that and ended up with a gash where the pump ripped up my back during a high speed 'off'. Just very unlucky, I guess.
    Ghost Race 5000 (2011) Shimano 105 Black
    Carrera TDF (2007)

http://www.bike-discount.de/#

http://www.bike24.com/
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    keef66 wrote:
    Trouble is, it takes up the space of a bottle cage so I only have one on the downtube, which in summer is often not enough. The bracket came with zip ties for mounting beneath the top tube, but I don't think that would look very nice.

You're supposed to mount the bracket under the bottle cage, so you can keep the bottle cage in place.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    drlodge wrote:
    keef66 wrote:

You're supposed to mount the bracket under the bottle cage, so you can keep the bottle cage in place.

Nope. It doesn't work like that unfortunately. It holds the pump centrally over the bottle cage bolts. It's an either / or arrangement. I guess that's why the provide the cable ties for mounting elsewhere