FABIKE Thoughts?

Joeblack
Joeblack Posts: 829
edited November 2012 in Road general
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fab ... table-bike

Apart from his shocking riding, I likes it :lol:
One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling

Comments

• Ive been following this with real interest, I think its decent idea and looks good, maybe a shy overpriced.

however I think he has gone tad to far and at great cost to himself to produce all the components himself, personally I would have thought it be better to concentrate on the frame and fork and for demonstation build a finished bike for the launch with existing components.

respect for effort though.
    MADONE 5.2
  • I'm not quite sure what the gap in the market is he thinks he's found other than the sliding dropouts? Why buy one over priced frame that you can change between a SS and a geared bike when for the same price you could buy two fit for purpose frames with tyre clearances to suit?

Looks like he's aiming for yuppies that only buy trendy half useless designer sh*t, that'll replace the bike once that white bar tape is covered in oil. He suffers from inflated self-importance designeritis, believing he can design whole groupsets better than companies that have been developing and testing them for years. Not to knock innovation, but there is a difference between developing a decent product, testing it and then further developing it from just thinking you can re-design everything better first time. If you can afford to buy an FABIKE then surely you can afford to own a road bike and a town bike?

Maybe that I saw you coming character from Harry Enfield will open a bike shop and flog them along with those Aston Martin bikes.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Up there with Budnitz i.e. Artisan BS for Hipster asshats.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • He looks like louie spence's Brother........If he has a Brother that is. :D
    Wilier cento uno.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Bluedoggy wrote:
    He looks like louie spence's Brother........If he has a Brother that is. :D

i was thinking that too!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes