Any decent deals or pointers on ladies bib tights?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,944
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
My missus has finally decided that she would like some bib tights - still not bothered about bib shorts though.

I have bib tights, and 3/4 ones, and all of mine have been relative bargains, ie dhb's for around £27 each, a decathlon pair for £25, and a shimano, cannondale, and a Nalini pair, all half price, at around £40, or £60 at most.

I have had a very brief look, and am not seeing a huge amount out there for the ladees, can anyone give me any recommendations?

Price wise, I would guess at £50 or less, preferably, though would go to £60 for a very good pair.
She does like Giordana and Cannondale, but any model that has good reviews will be considered.

Cheers

Dan
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    My missus has the DHB Vaeon and finds them "ok". She also has a pair of the Rapha 3/4 and LOVES them. She had no idea about the cost differential - until she went on to the Rapha site to buy herself another pair. This did result in an awkward conversation about the amount of Rapha kit I had and her making some quick and cross calculations in her head.

I'm not sure if the words "sample sale" and "discount codes" placated her....
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    This is perhaps a silly question but how do bib tights fit you if you're smaller or taller than average.

I assume the bigger sizes will be around the waist and height. But what if you need a big around the waist size but are short. Will the shoulder straps be really loose.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    suzyb wrote:
    This is perhaps a silly question but how do bib tights fit you if you're smaller or taller than average.

I assume the bigger sizes will be around the waist and height. But what if you need a big around the waist size but are short. Will the shoulder straps be really loose.

Stretchy innit.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills