Assos S7 Leg Warmers

markdavidhill
markdavidhill Posts: 279
edited June 2016 in Road general
They fit perfectly. But the little feckers won't stay up! The top of the warmers slowly work towards my knees!

Anyone else experience this?
Team Madison Genesis Volare & Condor Super Acciaio

Comments

• If it's the ones with the full hip coverage I'm using them at the moment with the T607 thermal bib shorts. I need to spend a bit of time to get everything in place but once I'm there they stay up OK.
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    They fit perfectly. But the little feckers won't stay up! The top of the warmers slowly work towards my knees!

Anyone else experience this?
    Nope. I've the S7s & they don't move once on. It's perhaps not just a function of the leg warmers, but also the shorts you wear over the top?
  • Assos S5 Millie!!!!
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    chicken legs?
  • Scrumple wrote:
    chicken legs?

Stand at ease soldier.
  • If they are the right size for you, they shouldn't move once on, especially under a good pair of shorts like yours. The flappy bits should go well up on the outside of your flanks. If not, try wearing the warmers a bit higher on your legs so they do. I have the same combo, and it works very well.
  • I have them and for some reason I can't work out the one on my right leg always seems to eventually slip down. The left one stays in place fine! Seems to be worse when off the bike (in cafe etc.) than when on it, also using Asos bibs.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Pull them up a bit higher, no slippage here
  • I've got the knee warders and they fall down under my bib shorts, can't comment for the leg warders as I wear tights in winter. Where as the arm warders are the opposite, they almost cut my circulation off on my arms there so tight.
    Look 595 ultra - F+F for sale.....
    Cervelo r5
    Kinesis T2 2013 winter bike
    Merida Carbon 1500 flx MTB
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    edited November 2012
    Crispyapp wrote:
    I've got the knee warders and they fall down under my bib shorts, can't comment for the leg warders as I wear tights in winter. Where as the arm warders are the opposite, they almost cut my circulation off on my arms there so tight.
    I am just imagining this guy with Prison guards hanging off of him at various places, whilst trying to ride his bike LOL.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I was going to get some but was put off by loads of negative reviews saying they moved, does seem a bit odd they don't have a gripper at the top (assuming we're talking about the same model).
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    I have the S5 Uno tights, and the marketing copy that accompanies them suggests wearing leg warmers underneath to extend their temperature range.

has anyone tried this? wonder how well it would work - leg warmers under tights.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I have this problems as well, also with my Castelli Knee warmers. It does seem to matter what short I'm wearing either.
    I wonder if it might due to the foliage on my legs.
    I suppose I could shave a ring on each leg rather than getting in to that twice a week full leg shave bollocks.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've a pair of planet x and also orca (?) knee warmers and neither pair go anywhere. Hairy legs too.

Both pairs are merino wooly - maybe that's the key?

Lycra arms usually slip down on me but since using the prendas meraklon I've had no problems.