BOS forks and shocks

lostboysaint
lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
edited November 2012 in MTB general
Looking at twitter these are now going to be distributed by Surf Sales. Hopefully, given their record with Dakine and Transition we may start seeing some of these around. I'm a big fan of the Deville and it's on the list to replace the Rev when I get bored of servicing it.

https://twitter.com/iGRF/status/273460635885531136/photo/1
Trail fun - Transition Bandit
Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
Allround - Cotic Solaris

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    hmmm Looks like the devilles just came back on the radar!! Serious competiton for the fox 34!!!
  • lawman wrote:
    hmmm Looks like the devilles just came back on the radar!! Serious competiton for the fox 34!!!

Serious competition? They've been a class apart for a while now, just almost unobtainable.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Hob Nob
    Hob Nob Posts: 200
    They've been around for ages?

Punted around through various importers/outlets, until they get fed up with trying to deal with BOS (again) and dropped like another hot potato. Old stock then gets dumped into the market at cheap prices, and here we go again.

Not worth the hassle. Don't perform any better than the 36's I replaced the Deville's with. At least I can get these serviced & fixed anywhere.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    edited November 2012
    I rode a set of Devilles and to be honest I didn't think they were any better than my Lyrik RC2DH.
    Is it just that BOS forks are shiny and expensive?
    The reason BOS have had so many distributors is that they have so much trouble getting spares from BOS for servicing & warranties.
    I agree with Hob Nob. Fox, Rockshox & Marzocchi can be serviced by a number of companies in the UK, parts are easy to get, they perform as well & are much cheaper and not built by the cheese eating surrender monkeys (© Grounds Keeper Willy)
    If you want a top quality mega adjustable rear shock then the Cane Creek Double Barrel is a better choice, service every 3 years and TF Tuned can service them and spares aren't a problem.
  • MDobs
    MDobs Posts: 167
    The reason BOS have had so many distributors is that they have so much trouble getting spares from BOS for servicing & warranties.
    I agree with Hob doorknob. Fox, Rockshox & Marzocchi can be serviced by a number of companies in the UK, parts are easy to get, they perform as well & are much cheaper and not built by the cheese eating surrender monkeys (© Grounds Keeper Willy)

slightly off topic, but how easy are DT Swiss forks and shocks to get support/servicing etc, i noticed you left them off your list?
  • rockmonkeysc
    No Idea. They aren't as good value as Rockshox, Fox or Marzocchi.
    I also didn't mention Magura or Manutou but I don't think they are worth mentioning.
  • ADL
    ADL Posts: 138
    I also didn't mention Magura or Manutou but I don't think they are worth mentioning.
    Why not?
  • rockmonkeysc
    Poor quality and useless reliability. Just not as good as the mainstream brands. X-Fusion do make some good forks as well though but servicing is a problem, Mojo & TF Tuned won't do them.