Whats my bike worth?Specialized Allez Elite

Spinfaster
Spinfaster Posts: 54
edited November 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi all I have seen a carbon bike and am thinking of upgrading, but would need the funds from my bike to pay for it. Just wandering what serious people would be willing to pay for it.
Its a Specialized Allez Elite 2010 xxl 61cm, in very good condition.
Was serviced last week, had both brake cables and the rear derailleur cable replaced, gears aligned, brakes aligned so they dont stick, new black Giant handlebar tape, all 20 bearings in the front wheel changed and I have taken apart the headset cleaned it out and regreased all the bearings in there.
Its a bike thats ready to just go, so whats it worth?
Thanks all.
:D

Comments

• nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Put it on eBay at 99p and no reserve and you will find the 'market value'. Prices on eBay are strong and although the fees are high, the sale price usually covers those when compared to selling on a forum such as this where there are no fees involved but people are more price-conscious.

Given the fact that it is hopefully in VGC, you should expect to get around £450 in my opinion (but maybe with fees on this figure) - not so many people chasing the XXL 61cm sizes. This link may give you some idea of where to pitch things.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Bikes-/33503/ ... =1&_ipg=50
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Half what you paid for it.
  • nochekmate wrote:
    Put it on eBay at 99p and no reserve and you will find the 'market value'. Prices on eBay are strong and although the fees are high, the sale price usually covers those when compared to selling on a forum such as this where there are no fees involved but people are more price-conscious.

Given the fact that it is hopefully in VGC, you should expect to get around £450 in my opinion (but maybe with fees on this figure) - not so many people chasing the XXL 61cm sizes. This link may give you some idea of where to pitch things.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Bikes-/33503/ ... =1&_ipg=50

Thanks for this info and the link, looks like they are going for around the £450 mark, might put it up on this site and see if I can get that for it. Cheers.
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Why not get yourself a carbon frame and swop the components?

You can then sell the frame.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    FSR_XC wrote:

Not a great idea because components on the Spesh not that great. Could pick up a good secondhand carbon for £750 easily enough with 105 or equivalent or better so would represent a fair upgrade for £300 if sale at £450 is achieved.

Allez Elite is Tiagra is it not?
  • nochekmate wrote:
    FSR_XC wrote:

Not a great idea because components on the Spesh not that great. Could pick up a good secondhand carbon for £750 easily enough with 105 or equivalent or better so would represent a fair upgrade for £300 if sale at £450 is achieved.

Allez Elite is Tiagra is it not?

Yep it is full tiagra, i wouldnt want to sell the frame, and keep the components, if I was to upgrade the frame I would want a upgraded groupset to ultegra really.
  • I think 450 is optimistic.
    In 2010 I sold a 2006 Allez comp (full 105) for around 300 pounds. It had a fair bit of use and the drivetrain was fairly worn, but...
    left the forum March 2023
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    What is it worth?

Less than you think and only as much as what someone will give you.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    I sold a 2010 54cm Spesh Secteur Elite (in VGC) in April for £475.

Using that as a guideline, you may be able to get £400 or slightly more.

Good luck.