bell hydration pack

Woodmonkey
Woodmonkey Posts: 412
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
anyone have any experience of the above? they are £13 at our asda at the min, i know they won't be up to the standard of camelbacks etc, but 13 quid seems real cheap or does "if it seems too good to be true it probably is" apply?
pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo

Comments

• jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    I bought a tesco one for £12 - it's got 6 litres capacity (apparently) and with a 1.5 litre hydration bladder, plus plenty of space for tools, spare tubes, a baguette for lunch, etc, I've found it just about perfect for me. It also has two little mesh pockets on the side which I find useful for gloves/glasses etc plus a small zipped front pocket so keys, money, phone don't get lost at the bocket of the main compartment.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-hydra ... d=215-1572

Oh, and it's not just me - check other reviews on site.
  • anj132
    anj132 Posts: 299
    I found the Tesco one good as well. I did look at the Bell one in Asda but just didn't seem as good quality as the Tesco one plus it seems a bit too small, with little storage space. I thought those Asda ones were always £13
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Tesco one here, and it's lasted a good few years with no problems. Does the job.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JimboM
    JimboM Posts: 380
    Tesco for me too. Occassionally do look at the Camelbaks but keep coming back to the fact that the Tesco one does all I want it to and after 2 years is still in great nick.
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Camelbak bladder and insulating pouch from a boot fair - £2
    H2O 8L rucksack with bladder pouch from charity shop - £2

Sorted!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    Camelbak bladder and insulating pouch from a boot fair - £2
    H2O 8L rucksack with bladder pouch from charity shop - £2

Sorted!
    Minor dose of herpes - priceless.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I've had chicken pox, shingles and suffer from cold sores (occasionally) I'm riddled with herpes virus derivatives already....besides I did sterilise it before I used it!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    Better than bad aids worms.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools