Fox Evolution Series 32 Float 29 RL

stevenb
stevenb Posts: 717
edited March 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Can someone kindly point me in the right direction for obtaining a manual for the above fork.
The bike shop told me to go to Mojo website but I can't find any manual for my fork.
Also there is. Black Fox Clip on the left strut saying Fox 32 100mm with a mark for 20 and 25% and a little rubber band around the 20% mark.
Does this mean the bike shop have set up the fork with a predetermined setting or do I still need to set it up for my needs.
Any help appreciated.
I don't have a Fox fork pump.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Is there not a manual on the actual Fox website?
  • stevenb
    The nearest I can find is via the Fox website 2012 model forks "32 Float 29". I have a tapered steerer.
    I don't have adjustable rebound underneathe the fork leg.
    It would appear the left leg is based on the air spring which I'm now assuming the shop set to 20% as per my above post with the little clip I was referring to.
    Which means on the right leg I have lockout which turns smoothly. The arm points in towards the wheel and turns clockwise away from the wheel.
    The red knob on top of the right leg says rebound.
    It seems like it's the most basic model fork they do. I always thought Fox were decent?????
    I just need to know what settings to have being a 147lb rider.
    I prefer XC trails with a mix of hills/technical etc....no big jumps.

My bike is the 2012 Trek Superfly AL Elite 29er which I picked up yesterday afternoon on special offer.
    I thought a £1600 bike at £1099 was worth the money.
  • supersonic
    You need to buy a fork pump. Set the air pressure so the bike sags 25% of the available travel when you are stood on the bike.

The rebound is personal preference. Generally you want it fast enough to react to the bumps, but as fast as to lose you control, but not as slow as to pack down. Then ride it, tweak as necessary. Is as simple as that really!

Some tips here:

http://www.foxracingshox.com/help.php?m ... =lnav_help

You don't have all the features of the top forks, just air pressure adjust, rebound adjust, and a lockout (locked/unlocked).
  • stevenb
    Thanks.
    I will take it back to the bike shop so they can set this up for me. If they've set up the sag for 20% that might not be good enough?????
    I can't afford a pump at the moment as I broke the bank buying the bike...lol
    The rebound thing I can adjust as I go along like you say.
  • supersonic
    It is something you need to set up yourself really, buy, beg, steal, borrow a pump. You need to take it on the trails the first ride so you can tweak the sag - 25% is just a starting point. 20% may be ok, but having a pump is essential.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You can get a pump for £15 new, less second hand.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stevenb
    The pump has been ordered.
    Cheap Beto one with gauge off ebay for £13.49 (all I can afford)....fingers crossed it works.
    As soon as it arrives I shall be setting up the forks as I plan to ride this Saturday and/or Sunday.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It will. Beto are fine, and are rebadged as all sorts of things.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stevenb
    Thanks for the reassurance.
    Can't wait to get out and get it set up so I can whizz off and enjoy myself.
    :D
  • stonny
    stonny Posts: 1
    This should answer allmost everything:
    http://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/ ... 29_32.html