Bolt in bottom bracket Bianchi Infinito

jonglins
jonglins Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in Workshop
In my Bianchi Infinito there’s missing a bolt in a cable guiding plate under the bottom bracket (see picture). I think I need a special bolt. Or is it allowed to use a parker screw.

And if a special bolt is necessary, where can I obtain it?

IMG_6918%20(Large).JPG

Comments

• That bike must be brand new or you are the world champion bike cleaner! So ... can you not ask the place you bought it from for another bolt ?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    They're usually a standard M4 screw, typically 8-10mm long - your LBS or hardware store should have one.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I tried a M3 but it's to large.
    Can anybody tell me what kind (diameter, length) of bolt I need instead?
  • I finally remembered to go out and take a look at mine. It's not a machine screw. It's a pozidriv, countersunk, self tapping screw. If you've never had one on the bike, it'll be tight the first time you put the screw in as it cuts its own thread.

I've had my 2012 bike from brand new so there's no chance that it's been bodged. The one in mine was a mild steel screw with a black coating. It was already showing a bit of corrosion so I went on the hunt for a stainless steel equivalent. It turns out I had loads of them. I've got two stainless ones waiting in an envelope for you if you want to pm me your address.

Mark
    "The Flying Scot"
    Commute - Boardman CXR 9.4 Di2
    Sunday Best - Canyon Ultimate SLX Disc w/ DuraAce Di2
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    mpdouglas wrote:
    I finally remembered to go out and take a look at mine. It's not a machine screw. It's a pozidriv, countersunk, self tapping screw. If you've never had one on the bike, it'll be tight the first time you put the screw in as it cuts its own thread.

I've had my 2012 bike from brand new so there's no chance that it's been bodged. The one in mine was a mild steel screw with a black coating. It was already showing a bit of corrosion so I went on the hunt for a stainless steel equivalent. It turns out I had loads of them. I've got two stainless ones waiting in an envelope for you if you want to pm me your address.

Mark
    ^ Knighthood for MPDOUGLAS? What a gent, solution and offer of parts. Well played, Sir.