well that's about 100k's worth of stuff broken then!

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited November 2012 in The Crudcatcher
I've just found out that one of the buildings i look after on site has just been flooded...all my floor boxes, amps, mixers, computers etc etc etc are ruined.....looks like i'm in for a busy few weeks :x

Comments

• EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    That'll teach you.
  • That's going to be a pretty insurance claim!

As a fellow technician, all I can think of is all the new shiny gear you're going to get :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Is it because of the weather or because the new crew of single lady crudders found a picture of me in jockey briefs in there?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Gazlar wrote:
    Is it because of the weather or because the new crew of single lady crudders found a picture of me in jockey briefs in there?

big lols!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    And as someone who works for an insurance company I wish you'd be less selfish and not store stuff in flood prone areas, think of my bonus dammit!
  • Insurance company you say....

*reaches for baseball bat*
  • Gazlar
    Insurance company you say....

*reaches for priceless diamond encrusted baseball bat*

Ftfy, just in case it's ever nicked :wink:
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Gazlar wrote:

or gets broken.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Gazlar
    nicklouse wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

or gets broken.

But how? Everyone knows that diamonds are one of the hardest things on the planet, second only to an insurance brokers heart, so unless they we're to come into contact at high velocity I don't see how it would get brok.............oh!!!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    it turns out that not much of my stuff is broken. just cables and ancilleries (sp?) but they reckon to re-carpet the entire building will be close to a million quid!!!!! :shock:
  • Were your carpets made from the fur of a million baby seals?
  • I only ask because I've already got my club out (fnarr)
  • Gazlar
    No, they're getting a bike in from Merthyr to do the job, will cost that much by the time you factor in the amount of days off sick he has and the amount of stuff he nicks when he is there.

Talking about battering people with baseball bats it reminds me of this,

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4zuuX2zg ... g7bQ&gl=GB
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    welshkev wrote:
    it turns out that not much of my stuff is broken. just cables and ancilleries (sp?) but they reckon to re-carpet the entire building will be close to a million quid!!!!! :shock:

How big is this building? That's a f*ck load of commercial carpet.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

No idea in terms of sq feet. I was talking to one of the facilities guys and he said it. I think that was taking in labour costs etc as well, but yeah that's a lot of cash for carpet!!!
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

Ive just been working some stuff out and I reckon he's got his figures wrong. A million quids worth of carpet would probably carpet wales :lol:
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    welshkev wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

Ive just been working some stuff out and I reckon he's got his figures wrong. A million quids worth of carpet would probably carpet wales :lol:

You need to change your Facilities people. Do they need somebody who likes bikes?
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?