Irritating Southern Comfort Advert

Avant
Avant Posts: 29
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
I suppose it really should belong in the 'trivial things that annoy you' thread but the advert for Sothern Comfort has really got to me over the weekend.

For clarity this is the one with the fat, smug, self-satisfied bloke walking along a beach, wish he would step on a long abandoned landmine. Everything about it just winds me up, as in REALLY winds me up. Working hard on the Turbo Trainer last night I found myself wishing it was powering a dynamo wired to a 9 inch nail rammed in his forehead

This company have a track record of producing advertising dross, anyone care to recall the 'SoCo' one? 20 seconds of pretentious scum saying things like 'ohhhhhhh SoCo and coke',' can I get a SoCo', that also did my head in. Anyone who have ever gone to a bar and asked for a 'SoCo' deserves to be banned from every premises selling alcohol worldwide and have a 'PT' for pretentious twat branded on their forehead.

Rant over.

Comments

• Hi - think you ought to just get out more :D
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Hi - think you ought to just get out more :D
    Either that or just chill out.
    Maybe a SoCo would help? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I love that advert!
  • Avant
    Avant Posts: 29

Have you seen the weather :(
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Avant wrote:

Have you seen the weather :(

No, but I hear you've got it all :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • For the ultimate in pretentious bad, does anyone remember the 'If you're drinking Bacardi' cinema one played before every goddamn film for about 10 years straight?

Bacardi, gives you hallucinations, gotcha.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    coriordan wrote:
    I love that advert!

Yup, me too.

Not a fan of Southern Comfort though.
  • Avant wrote:
    SoCo and coke',' can I get a SoCo', that also did my head in. Anyone who have ever gone to a bar and asked for a 'SoCo' deserves to be banned from every premises selling alcohol worldwide and have a 'PT' for pretentious fool branded on their forehead.

To be fair to Southern Comfort, trying to emulate the fact that Jack Daniels is JD but differentiate with it being a bit longer, and the only other workable abbreviation would be Sou Com, which would end up pronounced Sow Cum.
  • Love that advert!
  • I really like it - his cool attitude at juxtaposition to his totally uncool look. Also love the cute dog joining in bit.
  • Probably one of the coolest adverts on telly at the mo 8)
  • Nothing like as irritating as people who sign off posts with 'Rant over'.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I like the bit when he gives the hot brunette a cheeky shoulder dip, like a tip of the cap if you will
  • Is this the one with guy who looks like a cross between colin welland and robert loggia on the beach - its great - i dress like that just for my trip to poundland. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.