Spoke lengths for an Alfine hub

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Just bought myself a Shimano SG-S501 32 hole Alfine8 hub off fleabay which I need to lace into a 26" Mavic XM317 rim. I had a link to an online spoke length calculator which had a library of hubs and rims and was easy to use and gave a good spoke length, cant find it any more does anyone recognise the website and have a link.

Or has anyone built an Alfine8 Mavic XM317 combo and can tell me what size spokes I need, I have gone by the hub measurements I can find on the web and using the Wheelpro calculator I get an answer of approx 262mm both sides. Till I get the hub in the post I cant measure up so any help would be appreciated.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looked in the tech links sticky above? it has links to about 3 spoke calcs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I had a look at the spoke calcs in the stickies plus a couple I have found on web and they give differing answers between 262 and 255 with a 3 cross pattern. Was hoping someone had recent knowledge of an Alfine 8/Mavic XM 317 build.

edit: No one seems to be able to agree on flange diameters I have come up with 95.8 and 104.3mm :?
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap