Hardtail bike under 550E

nodarambroladze
nodarambroladze Posts: 8
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello guys,

I'm beginner rider and I'm going to buy hardtail bike, the best choice I have so far is cube attention 2012
I found http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/.Cube ... 125873.htm here it for 500E
but I'm not sure whether it is used or not :-?
http://www.cyclesurgery.com/pws/UniqueP ... teid=29553
Here I also found it for 530E, but any other website It has price over 1000$, can you tell me why is it so cheap on
these two websites ?
I also like this bike
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bik ... 523/55890/

Please suggest me where to by Cube attention 2012 under 550E online, I want to ship it to san francisco, CA.
If you know any other models under 550 E please let me know.
p.s. I would like suggested bike to have brakes, hubs, crankset, derailleurs and shifters by shimano (like cube attention 2012)

Thank you !

Comments

• LJ.
    LJ. Posts: 149
    The prices seem aboutnormalto me, this site had the 2012 Cube Attention for £475 but sold out closest they have is |Cube LTD http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... _2012_Bike
  • LJ.

Thank you for the response.
    Than I hope the prices is low only because this bike is almost sold out in every store.
    Cube LTD 2012 looks just great but it costs more than I can afford.
  • LJ.
    LJ. Posts: 149
    If you are buying from USA then maybe these companies will knock 20% VAT off the prices for you?
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    What about customs duty though?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Does not compute.
    Bikes are cheaper in the US anyway. And the brakes are already on backwards.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • LJ.
    If you are buying from USA then maybe these companies will knock 20% VAT off the prices for you?

I asked them and they told me that I don't have to pay VAT when I'm purchasing outside of EU, but
    I have to pay 99 euros for delivery. (I'm going to buy it from San Francisco, CA)

Greer_

I guess I have to pay it. Do you know how much do I have to pay ?

cooldad
    Yeah, I guess you are right, delivery fee + customs duty will increase the price too much.

Can I buy good hard-tail bike around 700 $ ? If anyone have good suggestions please let me know :)
  • cooldad
    Most people on here are in the UK. We know prices are stupidly cheap in the US by comparison with here, but that's about it.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    You are not making sense though - are you in the US looking to buy from the EU or in the EU looking to buy from the US?
    I want to ship it to san francisco, CA.
    I'm going to buy it from San Francisco, CA
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    You are not making sense though - are you in the US looking to buy from the EU or in the EU looking to buy from the US?

That's because of my bad English. Sorry about that.
    Neither case is mine. I'll be in US in this winter and want to get hard-tail bike, doesn't matter from EU or from USA, just want to get bike. (Cube attention was pretty impressive bike and that's why I started to think about shipping it to USA).

So, can you suggest me hard-tail bike for this price range ? (around 700$)
  • cooldad
    Nope, you need to look at US sites - where are you?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad

In Georgia. Thank you anyway.
  • cooldad
    Presumably the country not the state?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad

That's right, country.
  • cooldad
    I'd just wait to get there and buy one there. Much simpler and probably cheaper.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    I'd just wait to get there and buy one there. Much simpler and probably cheaper.
    Yeah, if I knew which bike to buy I'd do the same. That's why I'm looking for it beforehand.
  • why not look on the internet at a few bike shops in San Fransico, pick a few bikes you like the look of and in your budet, post the links on here and people will be able to give you a view on spec and suitability. Then just pick one up when you arrive?