Camping in the South of France

kentphil
kentphil Posts: 479
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
Can anyone recommend a good campsite in the south of France? Must be suitable for a family holiday with swimming pool and play area etc.
1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
2004 Giant TCR

Comments

• crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    There are loads and loads and loads of them, I'll recommend 'Cala GoGo' in St Cyprien-Plage based on no more than we, as a family, went there this year and the kids have not stopped asking to go back there again on hols next year.
  • Watch out for assasins...
  • Have a look at the Eurocamp website. Loads of options.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Bondurant wrote:
    Have a look at the Eurocamp website.
    ...and then google on the campsite you like. Often they will have a good website of their own and take direct bookings at a fraction of the price that Eurocamp charge.

I do like Eurocamp but they really are getting to be silly prices and don't actually offer anything more than the camp itself.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    it depends where in the south of france you are going (because this isn't), we stayed in biescas in the pyrennes just over the border. we have 8 and 6 year olds and they loved it. Campgavin it was called, be careful how you google it. it was a beautiful region, great for cycling, and the val de ordesa is breathtaking scenery.
  • Any of the Castels sites are good. Very family orientated with excellent facilities.
  • Eurocamp use Castels sites frequently, so have a look and book directly. We have stayed at Le Ruisseau which is near Biaritz in the very south west of France. Good location for going over the border into Spain and also riding in the Pyrenees. http://www.camping-castels.co.uk/campin ... ing34.html
  • Where do you wnt to go, im on my 26th year camping in France, what area are you interested in specifically??
    Moda Tempo
    Willier Triestina Lampre Team Version
    Planet X XLS 105 CX Bike
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    We were looking at the Provence/ Cote d'Azure regions. Were going with some friends who have been camping in France before. There's so many sites to choose from! Just wondered if anyone had any good experiences of any campsites?

thanks for your replies.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    Camping Colorado near Ventoux. Bloomin lovely.
  • Went here last year for a few nights:

http://www.vieilleferme.com/

It's near Antibes, which is beautiful. They had spaces for tents, mobile homes etc, plus lodges and a nice pool, I'd recommend it. We tried to get back in next year when the TdF was in town (Nice), but no room!