Antur Stiniog uplift vid

ilovedirt
ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
edited December 2012 in Your pics and vids
Put together a little edit from our uplift day at Antur Stiniog last friday, enjoy.

Ben - I did hit the double black that forks off right from black powder, but I only did it once so the video wasn't very good. I can upload it separately if you really want to see it.
Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5

Comments

• hahahahaha! How was the route on the right then? as steep and techy as 1st thought?
  • ilovedirt
    Crazy steep and tech in places, only did one run of it. Was really greasy that day as well so was murder on the rock slab sections (which there was a lot of) - no braking or turning at all! Didn't really like it that much, it didn't seem totally finished either.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • yeah that was the general consensus from others that have ridden it!

Will have to give you a shout next time I'm up north, want to ride Antur so bad :lol:
    I am back in 2 weeks for the weekend but doubt I'll be bringing the bike...
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Crazy steep and tech in places, only did one run of it. Was really greasy that day as well so was murder on the rock slab sections (which there was a lot of) - no braking or turning at all! Didn't really like it that much, it didn't seem totally finished either.

They might have done this on purpose to give it a more natural feel, seeing as most of the interent warriors keep on slagging the place off saying it looks too smooth and easy. I'll ask bud when there on saturday.
  • ilovedirt
    Hmm, it wasn't that, there were a few really boggy/muddy patches - I'm not sure if they were supposed to be the line, or it could be that they were an unintentional chicken run round a bit of a big feature that has been ridden into looking like the main line... Probably the latter. I did only ride it once though.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Been again today, did the black (double black as some of them call it), the boggy sections you mention are chicken runs. Had a few goes at, it is actually real nice. Hard granted but today I preferred it to the first black. Managed it with only having to bail for one of the real steep bits. I did of course use some of the chicken runs too :)
    Had a go on the new jump line too, shame you have to push back up that ;)