whyte805

mikesv
mikesv Posts: 4
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Thing of buying new hardtail maybe whyte 805,any owners out there what do you think?

Comments

• I ride an 810 which is an excellent ride. This may well be a model up from an 805 but geometry is the same so for general XC use, it is bang on the money. 100mm Fox fork, XT drivetrain, SLX brakes and own brand (but light) wheelset.

What style of riding do you want the bike for?

The good thing with Whyte is there aren`t as many on the trails unlike Trek, Spesh, Giant, etc so it is a brand with a bit more "kudos". Attention to detail is great (check out the seatpost collar).

I use mine mainly for local trail centres (Haldon & Ashton Court) and it rips around these with ease. However 100mm travel may not be quite so suitable for more aggressive trail riding.
    2017 YT Jeffsy 27 AL Comp
    2016 Specialized Allez Elite DSW
    2014 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport Compact
  • Hi thanks for reply,my riding is general xc so sounds as though 805 might be way to go,not met anybody when out and about so think i will go and try the 805 and 901,i like the fact that its built for uk riding with slacker angles, extra mud clearance etc,got a marin full susser but after a decent hardtail for different ride.
  • http://online.atb-sales.co.uk/p-923-bra ... edium.aspx

Good value 905 (custom specs) here - 2010 & 2011 frames, may be better value than a 901 if you are considering 120mm travel?
  • Thanks for that Chris will have a look,maybe pick up a bargain.