Helmet

delete_my_account
delete_my_account Posts: 192
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello. I'm after a MTB helmet with gel pads rather than foamy ones.

I've seen a Met one with only gel pads but I can't remember the name or find it anywhere. I've also found a few with gel pads at the front only and standard pads everywhere else.

Either of these would be fine. Looking to spend no more than £100.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Delete my fucking account.

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Why must it have gel pads?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • I have one with foamy pads and they're gross. They fill up with sweat and when I look up it squeezes the front pad and sweat runs into my eyes. It is never dry for when I go for a cycle the next day and it stinks so the pads have to be washed and dried which is annoying. It's not nice.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Diddums?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Diddums?

Cooldad, I didn't ask for your opinion on my reasoning for wanting a new helmet. I simply asked if anyone could suggest one with gel pads inside it. I don't much like my sweat dripping in my eyes or having to wear a soaking wet helmet for a three hour ride. If you're happy to do that, well bloody done.

I'm getting pretty bored of reading the threads on this forum, given the high proportion of smart-arsed, rude and unhelpful comments from yourself.

If you don't want to help me find a new helmet then don't comment.

I've seen others reply in a similar way to this when you've said something rude on their threads as well, so I know I'm not the only one who's getting bored of having to read your unnecessary replies.
  • How's about you just ignore it and MTFU in both ways.
  • It annoyed me so I said something.

If someone asked advice on which saddle to get because theirs was uncomfortable, they wouldn't be told to "MTFU". People would probably suggest saddles to them. This is the same principle.

Why am I not allowed to want a new helmet?
  • You are, you can want whatever you want, nobody is stopping you.

It's a common problem, gel pads will not absorb sweat but it still has so go somewhere like your face.

Speed up and get a super vented helmet, you have quite a budget.
  • Gel pads not absorbing sweat is better isn't it? It'll just dry in the wind rather than be absorbed and all gush out at once when the pad is squashed, and temporarily blind you.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Best off is to visit a shop and try as many on as you can - you might find one online, but it might not fit! With helmets is always best to go to the shop and see them in the flesh.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Diddums?

Cooldad, I didn't ask for your opinion on my reasoning for wanting a new helmet. I simply asked if anyone could suggest one with gel pads inside it. I don't much like my sweat dripping in my eyes or having to wear a soaking wet helmet for a three hour ride. If you're happy to do that, well bloody done.

I'm getting pretty bored of reading the threads on this forum, given the high proportion of smart-arsed, rude and unhelpful comments from yourself.

I've seen others reply in a similar way to this when you've said something rude on their threads as well, so I know I'm not the only one who's getting bored of having to read your unnecessary replies.
    Fair enough, but in less time than it took you to type that rant you could have stuck met helmet and gel into Google and come up with
    http://www.fudgescyclestore.com/index.php?p=138703

Half price as well.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • You may just be one of the sweaty peeps who ride, i know i am! Why not get a couple of sets of +elmet pads and alleviate the problem! Thats what I have done, even with well vented lids i sweat like mad!

A few peeps seem to be trying to turn this place into a version of STW before they got fed up with it,
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    cooldad wrote:
    Diddums?

Fair enough, but in less time than it took you to type that rant you could have stuck met helmet and gel into Google and come up with
    http://www.fudgescyclestore.com/index.php?p=138703

Half price as well.

Well done Cooldad, for not getting involved in a battle of wits, and coming back with a result, too :wink:

My helmet is always soaked when I get home after a ride. I wash the lid out, then sling it in the utility room... It's always dry the next day.
    May help if you squeeze the sweat out of the pads when you get home, then they should dry much quicker :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • You missed the mod delete then. Let me Google that for you.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    You missed the mod delete then. Let me Google that for you.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Ive never washed my helmet and i sweat for England. Not had a problem. Girls dont speak to me much though.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    +1 i have a stinky helmet too...........
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011