Lightweights?

pb21
pb21 Posts: 2,170
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
Anyone else not heading out today cos of the weather?

Its pretty damp and miserable where I am and am reluctant (wimping out) to go outside.I seem to be a fair weather cyclist :?
Mañana

Comments

• Not alone, but you need viable excuses I think - I'm not heading out because;
    a) I can't be arsed to swap the skittery-in-the-wet Gatorskins for the slightly less lethal Bontragers
    b) A friend has borrowed my only waterproof jacket
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Was going to commute for a little overtime this morning until I saw my car was very much frozen over.

Still quite slippy in places heading home at 12. Intend to get a few miles in the legs tomorrow though :D
  • Not alone, but you need viable excuses I think - I'm not heading out because;
    a) I can't be arsed to swap the skittery-in-the-wet Gatorskins for the slightly less lethal Bontragers
    b) A friend has borrowed my only waterproof jacket

I've ridden ultagatorskins for years and not found them to be skittish in the wet.

Sorry for going off topic.

I've not gone out today 'cos I'm going to watch the "mighty yellows" this afternoon and that's enough suffering for anyone in one day. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Lovely day. Sunshine and no wind.
    Had to avoid back roads that would have been icy but so glad to have been out!
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I got out for two and a half hours but waited until the frost had thawed and the fog had cleared, and got back before it pi$$es down :wink:
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I went out. Very wet. Got cold.
  • I didn't. Came down with a stinking cold overnight. Raining and miserable, feel like shite, no chance.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170

That makes me feel better. :wink:
    Mañana
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Took out the MTBs with beams87. Amazing ride, 2h30 of mud slinging. Now in front of the fire with the f1, waiting for my brother to finish work to watch the rugby. Dream
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I went out on the MTB with prawny but we only did a short one as he hit a tree stump and ended up face planting the braken :roll:

I was supposed to then go out on the road club run with my brother, but I phoned him to say "stay in bed" as it was -2 on the country lanes and frost/freezing fog everywhere. We're hoping the rain stops as forecast before 9am tomorrow so we can do the Sunday club run instead.
  • I went out. Very wet. Got cold.
    +1
    Feet like ice after 40km
  • alihisgreat
    pb21 wrote:

That makes me feel better. :wink:

See rule #5.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I went for a run.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wasnt it a rule 9 today?
  • Club run 90km.

When we went past Lepe shoreline, felt as if we were actually in the sea!

Had a good laugh on the way round and I am glad I went, although when I rolled out of bed I didn't want to. :D
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Wimps
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • pb21 wrote:
    Anyone else not heading out today cos of the weather?
    Yep. Call me a big woose but no way was I bothering today, and I'll probably give tomorrow a skip as well. It's chucked it down all day, the roads are in a diabolical state, visibility for drivers is pish, and the roads'll still be covered in big puddles, muddy run-off, and bits of tree tomorrow. MTB'ing on the hills would be to muddy to be entertaining for long, and if the forecast is right the conditions will be perfect for the odd tree falling over (ie. sodden ground, followed by very strong winds). The weekend's pedal-related activity will be confined to a couple of hours on the spin bike tomorrow night whilst watching NFL.
    Mangeur
  • alihisgreat
    coriordan wrote:
    Wasnt it a rule 9 today?

Its all the rules every day.
  • Went out this morning, after waiting for all iciness to depart, damp and not very cheerful. That is me and the ride. However, far better than sitting in the b-in-l's car going to France for a 'booze cruise', which is how I spent Thursday. It started to rain as I turned for home, by the time I finished it was properly throwing it down! The ground is so wet, I sank without trace the moment I left tarmac. When you weigh what I weigh, off-road is a nuanced concept with the rainfall we have had 'round here.
    'fool'
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    I can't be arsed.

1) Work is going insane both in the office and away onsite.
    2) Travel between work locations killing me slowly
    3) Turbo bike rear mech exploded (it's 20 years old). Ebay not yielding a useful 8 speed replacement.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    symo wrote:
    I can't be arsed.

3) Turbo bike rear mech exploded (it's 20 years old). Ebay not yielding a useful 8 speed replacement.

Think you can use any recent rear mech - it's the shifter that determines how many rear sprockets it caters for. I used pretty recent Tiagra mech for a 7-speed setup.
  • I went out both days, saturday was pretty good, if cold. 2 degrees all the way round but had my Etxeondo 3 in 1 hat as a neckwarmer and a skullcap under the helmet. 2.5 hours.

Sunday was wet, cold and windy and I managed 3 hours. Albiet I did get lost.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,386
    Was most impressed on Saturday night - stood outside the village hall at about 9.15pm it was pitch black and LASHING down and two cyclists (fully lit up and donning full lycra) went zipping past at a hell of a pace . . . "chapeau" never seemed more appropriate!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • laurentian wrote:
    Was most impressed on Saturday night - stood outside the village hall at about 9.15pm it was pitch black and LASHING down and two cyclists (fully lit up and donning full lycra) went zipping past at a hell of a pace . . . "chapeau" never seemed more appropriate!

Nah! they just happen to be very TIME POOR. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.