Which Go-Pro?

RyanWilson
RyanWilson Posts: 155
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hey fellow bikers,
I'm wanting to spend some dosh and get hold of a Go-Pro to record my adventures and make mini films etc.
(I know there are alternatives out there but all ive heard about Go-pro cameras is positive)

I would preferably like a HD version and don't want to be spending more than around £180. (the new HERO 3 is, i believe out of my price range :( )

So the alternatives, HERO 2? ive surfed the web a bit but cant really understand the difference between a lot of them and make out the jump in prices.
Ill be using the go-pro to mount onto my helmet, both for biking and skiing and maybe everyday business.

Thanks guys, marvelous site!

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Look at a HD Helmet Hero, they can be picked up quite cheap right now. It'll shoot in 1080p HD and comes with a bunch of mounts. http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/3541 ... -hd-camera

The HD Hero 2 has a faster, more powerful processor. This with a larger sensor means then camera can deal with changes in light faster but as you can understand are more expensive

Don't forget to factor in the price of memory cards
  • GoPro hero 2 can be had around the £200 get a chesty mount rather than helmet mount - much more stable - love mine!
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    I got a HD Drfit after checking them all out, yes the new hero is probably the best out, but you won't be disappointed with the Drift and can be had for around £150