Grease for pedals

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm about to fit my XT pedals onto XT crank arms. Will any grease do or should i use specific grease?

Also, any reccommendations for good grease? Both carbon and non carbon parts.

Thanks
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    coppa paste anti sieze.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mikeyj28
    nicklouse wrote:
    coppa paste anti sieze.

Thanks Nick

Also, what grease should i use for my carbon seatpost?
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    mikeyj28 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    coppa paste anti sieze.

Thanks Nick

carbon paste if you need anything I prefer an undersized post and a shim as you are less likely to to damage the post.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mikeyj28
    nicklouse wrote:
    mikeyj28 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    coppa paste anti sieze.

Thanks Nick

carbon paste if you need anything I prefer an undersized post and a shim as you are less likely to to damage the post.
    I have thought about a shim. thanks for the advice & i'll bear that in mind.