Help Required: Specialized Hardrock Sport 2010

R3D
R3D Posts: 3
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

I have just bought a Specialized Hardrock Sport 2012 model (I think) secondhand, and in the process of doing it up a little.

The problem I have had is getting a matching colour touch up pen for the main colour of the frame and I have tried silver (too light) and light grey (too dark) on the frame without any luck. It has a few stone chips and scuff marks I need to touch up.

This morning I called a Specialized dealer and they told me it would be impossible to match the colour code because they needed to know where the bike was made and in what year. They advised me to pop it into Halfords and see if they can colour match it.

I just need to get the colour name of the paint and I can get a pen from the internet.

Here is a picture of the bike:

http://s1306.beta.photobucket.com/user/R3D831/media/IMG_0105.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/R3D831/media/IMG_0105.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=135367358731208985197479502165

If anyone could assist it would be great.

Many thanks

Regards

R3D

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    R3D wrote:
    I just need to get the colour name of the paint and I can get a pen from the internet.
    Welcome, but no you don't. It's a mountain bike, they get scratched. Don't worry about it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The man from Spesh was right, you just have to find the nearest colour match you can if you want to touch it in, otherwise as CD says it's an MTB, if it's not scratched you're not riding it properly!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Nail varnish works well - just take a photo into Boots and see what you can find.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    njee20 wrote:
    Nail varnish works well - just take a photo into Boots and see what you can find.
      :lol:
      thats actually very true
      Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
    • EH_Rob
      EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
      I presume you both discovered this by accident after buying nail varnish for cross dressing, as opposed to finding out you liked cross dressing after buying nail varnish for your bike.
    • chez_m356
    • chez_m356
      EH_Rob wrote:
      I presume you both discovered this by accident after buying nail varnish for cross dressing, as opposed to finding out you liked cross dressing after buying nail varnish for your bike.
      no didn't buy it, the mrs is a nail technician, i used hers..... but not for cross dressing, honestly :oops: :lol:
    • EH_Rob
      EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
      Good save.
    • R3D
      R3D Posts: 3
      Thanks all, not too sure I will go to the nail varnish counter in Boots and ask for nail polish, then try and explain what it is "really" for when the girl behind the counter is eying me up and down and saying "Aha, aha!" Probably easier not to explain and just say I am a TV (Er not I am not, really) and get it over with and served quicker. Or just pay someone else (female) to do it for me? :)