Aldi 39 year old brandy.

appletrees
appletrees Posts: 327
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
Mmmmm mmmm mmmmm.

That is all.

Except for the astonshing price of £24.99. Buy some.

Now that is all.

Comments

• 39 years old?!! That's got to be older than Aldi supermarket.
    I always wonder where they store all this stuff. I'd have thought the floor space over the years is going to cost as much as they get for the drink?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    charles-bh wrote:
    39 years old?!! That's got to be older than Aldi supermarket.
    I always wonder where they store all this stuff. I'd have thought the floor space over the years is going to cost as much as they get for the drink?

Real estate in the old Soviet Union is cheap as borsch. Don't assume it was made in France or anything fancy like that !
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Actually chaps, Aldi is older than almost all British supermarkets, and ignore them at your peril! In recent years their drive to quality has been interesting to watch. Check out their Xmas adverts - they are leaving the "cheap and cheerful" behind and leaving that crud to Asda etc
    OP - that brandy tip is one I will follow up.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I freaking LOVE the stollen...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    Their wine has had some very good reviews in the past so the brandy is likely to be good. Lidl is also worth checking out. Frozen whole cooked lobster has been the base for my christmas starter for the last two years. (After defosting, obviously).
  • Once over the threshold of chattaux "Tank" a bottle of brandy's life expectancy is about a week however old it might be. :lol:

Due to Mrs Tank, I can't stand the stuff..........................................Whisky though! nom, nom,nom.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • 39 years old? Must be past it's "Best Before" date!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Thumbs up for "cheap supermarket booze" here too. "Ben Bracken" malt from Lidl. Stupid name, excellent drink.
    Purveyor of "up" :)