Strava Segment -Doh !

Silly Old Hector
Silly Old Hector Posts: 573
edited November 2012 in Road general
Strava informed me I was xxth/yyth on a new segment created by someone else at the weekend. The segment goes across a couple of junctions with traffic lights (which I stopped at).

Is this normal or stupid behaviour to create a segment with traffic lights :?
All the gear, but no idea...

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,928
    There are loads of ridiculous segments. Traffic lights and busy junctions are quite common. You can flag them to Strava as dangerous if you want to. I think this results in the segment still existing but no league tables are shown.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    One of the segments by me was across a major roundabout. Seemed a bit pointless.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    strava segments across any lights or roundabouts, or give way are just asking for trouble and stupid
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Strava informed me I was xxth/yyth on a new segment created by someone else at the weekend. The segment goes across a couple of junctions with traffic lights (which I stopped at).

Is this normal or stupid behaviour to create a segment with traffic lights :?

you can flag it as a dangerous segment if you feel strongly about it.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    its Strava - just take a breath and realise its just a website.... :roll:
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • There's a big dual carriageway in Sheffield that goes from the town centre to the 'burbs.

It must have close to a million traffic lights on it and is one of the busiest roads in the city but someone has created a time trial segment for it.

Now THAT'S some serious red light jumping.
    Hills are like half life - they wait until you're 50% recovered from one before hitting you in the face with the next.

http://www.pedalmash.co.uk/