have i Nacked my fox float r's?

lordmerchant
lordmerchant Posts: 378
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Was performing quick oil change on my float r's (done this dozens of times) popped lowers back on, threaded both crush washers and hand tightened base nuts. I torqued up the damper side base nut fine, then I was torquing up the rebound side the thread sheared and the base nut fell off, the odd thing is that this happened under relatively low torque - I could have still being hand tightening it!

reckon it will be a new internals job or is there a way to salvage this mess?

The bugger is that the forks off my SS which i was just getting serviced ready for winter!

20121122202909.jpg

20121122203045.jpg

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Buggered, i thinks. Not sure how you'd repair that.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Mate of mine did the same thing a while back I think - think he managed to get a new bolt from somewhere, I can point him in the direction of this thread if you like?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Give Mojo a call in the Morning. I think I have seen that part replaced before. Wasn't as expensive as a new damper either
  • @ilovedirt yes please. have dropped mojo an email also with pics, im off saturday so will give em a call too
  • update
    MOJO are absolute legends!!!!!! got a reply back stating

"Hi Rob,

If you send me your delivery address I have the part you need to fix this issue on my desk, it's a second hand part but it's not snapped like yours. If you would like me to send it to you I can do this free of charge.

Cheers"

how excellent is that!!!?!?!?
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Aye I think he got his off mojo as well, glad you've got it sorted.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    That's quality service. Glad you got it sorted.