Web links for training guide required

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited November 2012 in Health, fitness & training
Hey guys.

Does anyone have any links they can post to articles online for set training programmes ?

I came across one online before but cant find it again, its a programme where they suggest you cycle Mon-Wed-Fr for example and over say 12 weeks it tells you by how much you should be looking to increase it by.

Am scouring all me mags but cant find what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'm sure we've been here before... but what are you looking to achieve?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hmm never followed a programme before, I came across a few links online last night but wondered if anyone had come across anything from taking someone from beginner level to intermediate.

I'm lookin to drop back into the 14 stones again, currently 15st 8.6lbs and looking to be able to ride and do the distances I used to be able to back when I was 14st 3lbs.

So I guess to answer that I need to concentrate on lard loss, but what I aint sure on is how much exercise to do.

My first run after over a month layoff last Saturday I went and did all 3 local trails, about killed me, that was 17 miles, 2 days later 16 miles all XC and today I did 20 miles XC.

Am I doing too little ? too much ? should I do this twice a day ? god knows ...
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Within reason... as much as you can. You're unlikely to overtrain on that sort of volume. If you get into 15 hour weeks start to think about the structure and rest weeks etc, but you really can do far worse than just riding your bike.