how do you add turbo to strava

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
Been searching and cant find the answer.How can i add turbo sessions to strava as i,ve seen a few with them added and would be good way to see progress.
cheers
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• dashik
    dashik Posts: 156
    I use endomondo to run the interval session, upload to that site then export the gpx file and reload into Strava. Not perfect but it works.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    elderone wrote:
    Been searching and cant find the answer.How can i add turbo sessions to strava as i,ve seen a few with them added and would be good way to see progress.
    cheers
    What type of device are you using to record your turbo session data? A Garmin or other bike computer or a mobile phone?

I use a Garmin, I upload the data as normal and then I tick the option "Stationary Trainer" which is available when you also get to change the Mae of the ride.
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    ok really silly question but useing a garmin etc on a turbo do you only get cadance and hr? or am i missing a trick?
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Tks chaps,looks an effort either way.I use a bike computer for speed etc on the turbo and phone on the road.I cant see how i can get the milage etc from the comp to the interweb.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • davem399
    davem399 Posts: 269
    ianbar wrote:
    ok really silly question but useing a garmin etc on a turbo do you only get cadance and hr? or am i missing a trick?
    I recently added a turbo session to Strava. I use a Garmin 500 with the cadence/speed sensor (GCS 10) and I got graphs for speed, cadence and heart rate and an overall distance as well. I had to go into the menu system to tell the Garmin to not use GPS, i.e. Menu>GPS>GPS Status>Off.
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    You need to add it manually.

Go to Upload activity > Choose enter manually and put in the time distance etc and save

Then go back and edit it and there is a tick box in the options for stationary trainer
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    ianbar wrote:
    You'll get speed as well but I find that you need to take that with a pinch of salt. I don't believe that the resistance on turbo trainers are the same as on the road. some will be higher and some lower which means that speed figures are pretty much meaningless. On my elite fluid one I know that the indicated speed is about 3-4mph higher than it would be on the road for the same effort, but to be honest it doesn't matter. It's maintaining the right level of effort that's critical, and HR and cadence (and time) are all you need for that.