Cube Agree gtc Race 2012 vrs 2013

santana007
santana007 Posts: 33
edited March 2013 in Road general
Hi

What is the difference in the quality of spec on the Cube Agree gtc Race 2012 and the 2013

I have been told the spec on the cube 2012 is far better than the 2013 ..

I have found one shop with the 2012 .. But it is more money than the 2013 ,, I am stuck as to what to go for , Where are the best deals ... I am 5ft 8 and 28 leg so i need a 52 / 53 frame i think ..

Any advice would be great

Santana007 :)

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • santana007 wrote:
    I have been told the spec on the cube 2012 is far better than the 2013 ..

It is, you only have to look at the specs on the Cube Website.

The equivalent of the 2012 GTC Race is the 2013 GTC SL
  • declan1 wrote:

It would be a great deal but as it says Out of stock,but usually despatched within 5 days !! :cry:
  • markps
    markps Posts: 41
    If you can find a 2012 Cube you won't be disappointed, the spec is amazing for the price. Be aware that the sizing is a bit odd, I would normally ride a 54 which in Cube sizing is a 56.
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 694
    Great bikes and spec

2012 same model name had better spec
    Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm
  • 2012 model has Syntace stem & handlebars, FULL ultegra groupset.

2013 has Easton bars & stem, Shimano chainset (not sure which model but not Ultegra) & Shimano brakes ( think they are 105 equivalents). 105 front derailleur. Also it is £100 more than 2012 equivalent rrp

You need to jump up to the Agree GTC SL to get similar spec to last yrs GTC Race.

I have been researching this bike for weeks now & have narrowed my choice down to GTC Race 2012 Compact or Giant Defy Composite 1 2012 ( or even a Defy Advanced 2 if I can get a 2012 model in my size (M)).
  • Go for the 2012 if still available. The GTC has Tiagra groupset in 2013, while it had 105 groupset in 2012. And the 2013 model is 50 euro more expensive! Frame is not changed. It is supposed to be one of the best frames under 2000 euro. It won best bike award of the Telegraaf 2 years in a row (Ultegra groupset that is). In this test they let fromer pro cyclist ride and test the bikes for a couple of days.
  • Oh. I have been looking for this bike myself. The 2012 with 105 that is. My idea was to only upgrade to Ultegra rear derailleur when buying. After a couple of thousand miles then I would change to Ultegra chain and cassette. It is the poor man's option cause no one will see you are riding Ultegra. But 9 out of 10 gear changes will be Ultegra which is smoother. But I will stick to my old alu bike for another year so this was only a dream.
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 694
    What did you go for
    How much was the 2012 model was it discounted?
    Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm
  • 3b4bikes
    3b4bikes Posts: 40
    Likebike-1 wrote:
    Go for the 2012 if still available. The GTC has Tiagra groupset in 2013, while it had 105 groupset in 2012. And the 2013 model is 50 euro more expensive! Frame is not changed. It is supposed to be one of the best frames under 2000 euro. It won best bike award of the Telegraaf 2 years in a row (Ultegra groupset that is). In this test they let fromer pro cyclist ride and test the bikes for a couple of days.

The 2013 model has a mix of 105 and Ultegra - not Tiagra. The spec for 2013 is slightly downgraded, but so is the price.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    I've recently bought the 2013 model and it doesn't have Tiagra, it has Ultegra/105. Fantastic bike, really pleased with my purchase. If you are looking to buy from Leisure Lakes, get the VIP membership first, the bike will then be £1470.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Cube measure from centre of BB to centre of top tube NOT to the top of seat tube (about 3cms lower), I have a 30 inch inside leg and ride a 50 size Cube.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • 3b4bikes
    3b4bikes Posts: 40
    Good call Supermurph09 - I paid full price for mine, but did get look keo classic pedals and a bike fit thrown in from a local bike shop.

Re. differences between 2012 & 2013, here's a comment I made on a previous thread:

Re: Cube Road Bikes 2013

Postby 3b4bikes » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm
    I picked up my new Cube Agree GTC Race on Saturday. Despite insisting that I would save it till spring and use my old aluminium Trek as my winter bike I, took it on a 32 mile test ride on Sunday. Very happy with it so far, the only problem I can forsee is that I'm not gonna want to get back on the old bike.

Yes, the spec has been downgraded slightly from 2012, but so has the price. Frame & fork, wheels and tyres are still the same as 2012 model along with the Ultegra shifters and rear mech. Chainset, front mech and brakes have been downgraded to 105 or equivalent. Its is now £1599 whereas the 2012 model was £1799 so I think its still very good value. If you want full Ultegra the 2013 GTC SL is £1899.
  • Well

I thought i would report back after all the good advice ,, I went for the 2012 Agree GTC Race ..I paid £1549 from Climb on bikes , great deal .. I started by doing 8 miles a day to get back into it after around 25 years off a bike .. Then around 15 miles a day , up to the 30 miles Cheshire mini sportive , Had a slight fall in the Sportive , after i got my pad on my cycling tights caught in my seat and couldn't get my foot out of the cleat .. What i didn't notice was i had bent the Mech hanger , and 2 days later on a 15 mile ride i was doing 8 miles in it snapped and i was on my backside again .. Took the bike to Absolute bikes in Buckley ( North Wales ) Where i live .. And they said no big deal we will order one , i said i got the bike from Climb on bikes in Hereford .. Two days later i had a call from Absolute bikes and some bad news .. There is a crack in the carbon on your seat post .. I said " It wasn't a big fall just a standing still fall " .. They said it had nothing to do with the fall and said they have taken photo's and sent them to Climb on Bikes ..
    I phoned them and Andy at C.O.B said i heard you were hit by a car ... He was winding me up of course , So he said we will need it back at the shop , Dealt with Pete who do warranty claims .. He saw the crack and said , there will be no problem with this ..

3 weeks later and i collected my Bike yesterday .. Complete with a new 2013 frame and my kit swapped over , new Mech hanger and break blocks etc .. No charge for the Mech hanger ..
    I love the bike .. It feels great to ride .. And after looking on the web about cracks , it would seem what ever bike you enquire about someone reports a crack ..

Many thanks to Absolute bikes in Buckley and Climb on bikes in Hereford , i would recommend both .. And many thanks to the people on here who had some input and gave some sound advice .. Happy Cycling .. Rog :)