Gutted!!!

Joeblack
Joeblack Posts: 829
edited January 2013 in Road general
Just spoke to LL and my cannondale has been delayed till mid December :(

Gutted is not the word, it's kinda defeating the object of buying it as I can't ride during the week

Is this normal and am I to believe it will be here mid December or is this likely to happen again
One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling

Comments

• meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    I was talking to one of the London bike shops (a smaller one) and he was telling me how Cannondale have screwed up their stock levels for the last few years - going from having loads left over in 2011, over compensating and cutting back production and selling out of most models early in 2012... it was anyone's guess what was going to happen in 2013.
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Joeblack wrote:

Gutted is not the word, it's kinda defeating the object of buying it as I can't ride during the week

Is this normal and am I to believe it will be here mid December or is this likely to happen again

You need to replace the word "courage" with "Patience" from your signature :lol::lol:

J/K - It is annoying, I had to wait 4 months for a machine at work to be delivered and it drove me up the wall!.. It soon comes round quick though, and you will think it was worth the wait in the end! :)
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    Joeblack wrote:

I bought a new bike in mid-October as my Cannondale was written off. I wanted a Supersix desperately, but my LBS couldn't get one until January. I thought about it and nearly went with it - convinced myself to buff up the old Giant OCR from the garage to see me through until January. They then told me that it wasn't unheard of for Cannondale's dates to slip and there was no way he could guarantee it for Jan... I did some internet searching (I wanted to use the LBS but wanted the Supersix more), which confirmed i couldn't get one.

I decided to change allegiance and bought a Kuota Kharma instead - whcih was delivered and being ridden within 48hrs of ordering.

Fingers crossed for you. I love my Kuota and it's nice to have something different, but i still stare longingly at the 'dale...
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I'll be surprised if your on a SuperSix by January. I've been hearing March for most 2013 models...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Joeblack
    Grill wrote:
    I'll be surprised if your on a SuperSix by January. I've been hearing March for most 2013 models...

Iv been told the size I'm after is available as is 54 but all the other sizes are delayed till next year, the store said its not the frame it's the components but I'm not sure I believe that, well if they don't come through with it in December then il buy a hack and use that, I'll still have the trek for weekends so I'll survive (somehow) at least this time I'll be ready for the dissapoinent.
  • Joeblack
    Went into the shop tonight to pick up a top and the have offered me a focus izalco pro1 instead, they said it would be quicker delivery and it's a very similar geo,

I havnt ridden it so really only have the online reviews to go on, anyone got any any thoughts? ESP on the frame?

Or I can just wait for the Supersix

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/9973 ... -bike-2013
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    Joe... You're experience is uncannily akin to mine. I wanted a Supersix, they wanted to supply but couldn't, so sold me a Kuota. For Kuota in my case read Focus in yours. I can't comment on the Focus. I'm sure it's a lovely bike. I went for the Kuota as my alternative was to ride a hack for 3 months - with no guarantee it wouldn't be longer. It seems you have a good alternative bike in your stable to see you though......?

I guess it depends on your 'desperation' to have a new steed. What's apparent is that Cannondale have some serious supply snags. Which is a shame. Hopefully someone else can give you an objective view on the Focus.

Again...good luck.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Are you sure they're not just pushing you to buy what they have in stock with that Focus? Or need to hit their quota for the moth/year with it?
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    I guess the bike shops of Nottingham have all the SuperSix's.
  • I think the 'bike of the year' aka your 3.5 will do you well until your cannondale comes!!
  • Joeblack
    Fevmeister wrote:
    I think the 'bike of the year' aka your 3.5 will do you well until your cannondale comes!!

Cheers Fev, it's just that I'm working in London during the week so the Dale was for down there, but I'll wait
  • Joeblack
    So after 4 months waiting the SS finally turned up today, iv just finished building it and getting it ready for a ride in the morning :)
  • Azhar
    Azhar Posts: 247
    Joeblack wrote:
    So after 4 months waiting the SS finally turned up today, iv just finished building it and getting it ready for a ride in the morning :)

put a picture up...lets have a look at what you have patiently waited for :)
  • Joeblack