KS Lev dropper

brandfreak
brandfreak Posts: 137
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all

I have been considering a dropper post for some time and the KS Lev appeals. Have you got one? Any issues? Reliability?

Any feedback - gratefully accepted.

Thanks all

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I've had an issue with the cable inside snapping which meant it was away for a month because of warranty but it was fixed without any hassle and it's nice when it does work.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Had mine for a few months now (since first available in the UK) and it's been fine. Can get a bit sluggish when caked in mud (still works though) but once hosed down it's fine again. I've haven't done any maintenance on it yet so not sure how fiddly that will be but no regrets so far.
  • I got one from bike-components.de, quite a bit cheaper than UK sites. Mine got a bit rough after a wet weekend in Wales but still worked fine, and with a clean up and lube it's running smooth again. I was attracted to this over a reverb mainly by the cable entering the fixed part of the post. Have never used another dropper though so can't compare. I also liked the remote lever, pretty compact and it can replace the inner lockring on your grips (ODI compatible), which is a nice neat solution.

I was worried mine wasn't working properly when I installed it but I had over-tightened the seat tube collar. I think they've addressed the issue with the internal cable (actually a piece of kevlar string I think), but I can't think where I saw this; it might have been in a response to a comment on one of their youtube videos.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • Thanks all for your help, I will highly likely press "buy" tonight.