rock shox XC32 coil 120mm

SUPERSUTT
SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
hi i have just takern delivery of my new 2013 Giant trance X3 (insurance replacement ,from wheelies direct) after having my specialized camber stolen a couple of weeks ago, the only thing im unsure about the bike is the pogo effect of the front forks please tell me that goes over time as they bed in or is it down to having a firm spring fitted.
falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
HT Merlin Malt one (sold)

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    There's a good chance that's just how the fork feels. There is no adjustable rebound. Are you getting 20% ish sag?
  • Unfortunately they are just not much cop.
  • Greer_ wrote:
    There's a good chance that's just how the fork feels. There is no adjustable rebound. Are you getting 20% ish sag?
    i havent checked yet just this minute finnished putting it together and having a brew before i start fettling. The rear shock is going to be difficult to set the sag and theres no lock out on the rear either :(

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The fork has a rebound adjuster at the bottom of the left leg - have a play with it. You also have spring preload adjustment and the lockout. Is a decent budget fork, if heavy, basically the same as the Recon Silver but heavier upper legs.
  • supersonic wrote:
    The fork has a rebound adjuster at the bottom of the left leg - have a play with it. You also have spring preload adjustment and the lockout. Is a decent budget fork, if heavy, basically the same as the Recon Silver but heavier upper legs.
    ive had a play with them allready cant see any change as such playing around in the dinning room need to get out on the ruff stuff its just that they feel very hard and springy . there is a firm spring fitted . so would i benifit from a softer spring or do they need to bed in first

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd let them bed in a bit first. harder springs often need more rebound damping.
  • cheers supersonic your the man still wish i had my old recons

• another problem has a risern are 2.25" tyers to big jst been out for a little spin and noticed something that sounded like tyer rubbing while turning sharply. i cant get my finger tip between the 2.25 schwalbe nobby nics (which come fitted) and the fork bridge .

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    There only needs to be a 5mm gap or so, 2.25" should be fine. I wouldn't worry, I get that sound sometimes too but just check your QR skewer is tight and there's no play in the hub.