Another 2 wheel fatality

BigLights
BigLights Posts: 464
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
on Kingsway/High Holborn in London this morning. I saw the tent.....it's not entirely clear whether it's a cyclist or motorcyclist but RIP. Very sad.

Comments

• according to twitter it was a motorcyclist. bad couple days for 2 wheeled riders...
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Horrible sight. Saw a very close call with a left turning tipper on the NKR this morning. He signalled in loads of time but one guy still cycled up the side of him. Good on the driver for reading the situation and stopping - gave the cyclist a fright too so hopefully he'll be more careful in future.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I did wonder why I was being diverted this morning, I couldnt find anything with google-futhis morning.

Stay safe out there folks.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    Hoped this was a double post of the incident in Barking, but sadly not.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Was it near Sainsburys?

I've been hit there.

RIP stay safe everyone
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Was it near Sainsburys?

I've been hit there.

RIP stay safe everyone

Little bit further on down Kingsway towards Aldwych I believe
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • I came past the bottom end of Kingsway, on Aldwych this morning. Peering up, I'd guess it was at the Kingsway & Grt Queen's St/Remnant Street cross roads. That's a really nasty junction - one of the few in London where you can turn left, right or go straight on whichever direction you approach from, and where there are no filter lights for any traffic. Waiting to turn right off Kingsway you're usually completely unsighted by oncoming traffic also queuing to turn right, and you have two lanes of traffic to cross and a bunch of peds in order to clear the junction. I hate using that junction - it's just plain dangerous, IMO.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A