Uploading GPX files to tablets?

ringwoodlights
ringwoodlights Posts: 50
edited November 2012 in MTB general
Hi guys

I'm looking at getting a tablet and have narrowed it down to the Kindle fire HD or the Nexus 7, the main thing i want it for (other than looking at questionable material) is transfering GPX files from my Mio Cyclo to strava/mio share. Does anyone know if the is a software conflict that wont allow it to happen like with ipads?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

Kinesis XC3
Trek 1.5

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Gpx is standard, should be fine on both.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    one thing I've found with Android OS is that it doesn't like files that are not part of its standard repetoire. I wanted to email myself .gpx files I created on the computer, d/l it on my smartphone and save it into my routes database for me to follow whilst out riding (my phone is also my tracxking device). It wouldn't let me do this, but the app 'astro' allows you to change a setting to allow all files types to be moved around.
    I don't know what a Mio Cyclo is, but you also can't plug in harddrives to an Android tablet without a hack. I'm not sure if it will take flash drives. So if the Mio is hardware, it may/may not be accessible over the USB port.

edit---
    Just checked with the girl, our tablet will accept a thumb drive. It's a HDD it won't read from.