Twice this week :)

#david2012
#david2012 Posts: 275
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
Been building up to doing my first 30 miler within myself and trying to enjoy the achievement :D
I managed it Wednesday on my own doing 32 miles in just over 2 hours and was really pleased!

Today I went out again with my experienced friend and did another 33 :D:D
Kudos to you guys though who do these miles and more with ease, my pal was just another level ! And forgive the pun but he just had another gear in his legs, but it was great to be pulled along being pushed by a stronger rider.

Was bloody cold when I got back in though.... Need some overshoes this time of year

Comments

• elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    nice one,its good to see improvements and they will just keep going up with more riding.Over shoes are definately money well spent as is taping over the vents in your shoes aswel.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Nice one..i did my 1st 25 miler this morning..oh yes overshoes r top of my x-mas list..
  • Thanks guys, every week I'm making improvements .. Like I was told the other day ' winter miles = summer smiles' :D
  • dai_t75
    dai_t75 Posts: 189
    elderone wrote:
    nice one,its good to see improvements and they will just keep going up with more riding.Over shoes are definitely money well spent as is taping over the vents in your shoes aswel.

When you say taping over the vents, do you mean the mesh sort of bits on the shoe?

Well done OP, 30 is my next target - keep up the good work. I did 23 today and yesterday and my legs are aching quite a bit now it's fair to say!
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    Congrats, I've only done one ride over 30 miles so far and I took the best part of nearly 3 hours to complete it, felt great though and still managed to achieve a strava PB on the final 2 miles home. I'm at the stage now when I don't feel I've had a proper outing unless I've done more than 25 miles.
    Taping over the vent part of the shoes with gaffa tape has really helped keep my toes from freezing off. Decent overshoes are on the Xmas list.