Can you ride a bike?

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
Some amazing footage of a Parkinson's sufferer riding a bike.

Here
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• Thanks for this, for three reasons - reminds me of my degree project in mechanical engineering, handy to pass on to a relative and a good discussion point with Mrs Hector, who works in our local hospital.
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Quite incredible. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    I've seen footage of an electrical stimulator that "cures" Parkinsons. It's the most bizarre thing ever. The sufferer uses so much concentration and energy to control their involuntary tremors, that they become unable to simultaneously do that and hold a conversation, making them appears vacant, or something akin to locked in syndrome. Within a few seconds of turning on the device the guy starts a coherent conversation and is effectively his old self again .. which kinda makes it hit home what it must be like to suffer from this disease.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • There you are - another fantastic recommendation for the benefits of cycling. Not quite the same situation for me - at the moment riding an electric assist bike (never thought I would be so desperate!) after a bad accident. Not allowed to put any weight on one leg, so made up carrier for crutches and away we go. Just as an aside, seem to get more leeway from motorists approaching form behind, probably the sight of the crutches waving in the wind!