North Wales

Graham K
Graham K Posts: 329
edited November 2012 in Holidays
Were looking at a weekend somewhere North Wales for abit of biking followed by a beer or 2 at night,
Were easy with XC and general exploring and prefer to cycle from the doorstep but wouldnt mind a visit to trail centre.

Anybody any ideas, Betsy Coed and Dolgellau do look like decent options.

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    when you say a beer or 2 at night, that's pretty much all you'll get no clubs or anything :lol:

i do like bettws y coed though and the big pub in the hotel (the eagle?) is quite good and i think they did have a band on teh last time i was there.

i'm sure there's plenty of riding from the door there, but penmachno and the marin trail are within a 15 min drive and even though waymarked are not typical trail centre trails. then you also have the new dh trails at antur stiniog and coed y brenin not too far away
  • Cant recommend this place in Wrexham enough...

WOODHEY GUEST HOUSE
    9 SONTLEY RD
    WREXHAM
    www.woodhey-guesthouse.com

01978 262555

Vanessa and her husband are brilliant. The digs are top drawer, breakfasts the puppies nuts and its only 15 minutes from Landegla. Minutes from Wrexham town centre (it wont light up your life but at least its got more than one pub and has some very reasonable nosh houses). I've stayed there twice and am looking to stay again early December. Good parking and she lets me put my bike indoors regardless of how s*itty it was. At 35 quid a night incl breckie its a steal.

k
    Discussion is an exchange of knowledge.....
    Argument is an exchange of ignorance...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    allez24 wrote:
    Cant recommend this place in Wrexham enough...

WOODHEY GUEST HOUSE
    9 SONTLEY RD
    WREXHAM
    http://www.woodhey-guesthouse.com

01978 262555

Vanessa and her husband are brilliant. The digs are top drawer, breakfasts the puppies nuts and its only 15 minutes from Landegla. Minutes from Wrexham town centre (it wont light up your life but at least its got more than one pub and has some very reasonable nosh houses). I've stayed there twice and am looking to stay again early December. Good parking and she lets me put my bike indoors regardless of how s*itty it was. At 35 quid a night incl breckie its a steal.

k

but that's not really what he wants though is it? there's not really much riding straight from the door and llandegla is one of the most manicured trail centres i've ever been to, it is good fun though :lol:
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Betsy is looking favorite, We dont wanna be getting ratted and hungover hillclimbing aint good :oops:
  • kathg
    kathg Posts: 142
    Hi, check this holidasy cottage out.. it's my sisters so I can vouch for how lovely it is with v friendly owners etc!! You can walk to a couple of pubs from the cottage. It's also fantastic for xc as you can cycle from the door on to the wonderful Sarn Helen ride (from Capl Curig to Dolwyddelan and back) You can also ride from the door on to, in my opinion, one of the best xc rides in N.Wales which goes from Capel Curig to Llyn Crafnant and then up and over col at head of lake back down amazing rocky descent to start point. Oh, and you can cycle from the cottage straight in to the Marin trail. There you go.. won't do better than that I don't think!!

http://www.visitcapel.fsnet.co.uk/Tanrallt/tanrallt.htm

Hope you have a good couple of days riding :D

Kathg