ordered new bike today..

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
Rather than wait months for the insurance to sort out i decided to get a bike for now and if i feel the need can upgrade when insurance is sorted.
The bike i,ve got is a focus variado 2.0 running shimano 105.I like the spec and love the look of it and cant wait to get back on the road again.
Variado202_0.jpg
happy days..
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• TommyB61
    TommyB61 Posts: 103
    Nice....hope you enjoy it!
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    Looks good! Let us know how it rides :D
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • That is a beautiful bit of kit, Sir!
    Boardman 8.9 SLR - Summer
    Holdsworth La Quelda - Commuter
    Moda Intro - Winter
    Planet X Stealth - TT
  • I have one and love it.
    Rides well but make sure you upgrade the tyres quickly as I found it even better after putting better boots on.
  • elderone
    nutter_bed wrote:
    I have one and love it.
    Rides well but make sure you upgrade the tyres quickly as I found it even better after putting better boots on.
    cheers lads..
    what did you change them to and why....
  • Michelin Krylions.
    Much better ride, less rolling resistance, better grip, seem more puncture resistant.
    All round better tyre.

They don't do the Krylion anymore but I've heard a lot of people recommending the Conti GP 4 Seasons as a good tyre.
    Definitely worth the upgrade in my opinion.
  • Looks yummy, but what made you go for that rather than one of the Defys?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • elderone
    Looks yummy, but what made you go for that rather than one of the Defys?
    basically, its the same spec as a defy 1 but the defy i want is a carbon so i,ll use this and see how it goes when the insurance comes through.If i really like this i,ll keep it if not ill splash out on a defy comp 1 or 2.
  • Very nice indeed, I like that.

My lbs has a 2012 focus Cayo di2 for £2k just now. If it was that price 2 weeks ago I would have snapped it up.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • Very nice... There's no better feeling than riding a brand new bike :)
    Still trying to convince the missus of the n+1 rule...!
  • samsbike
    samsbike Posts: 942
    Well done, did you post any pics?
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    tyre wise best to go for conti gp4000s for all round goodness.
  • elderone wrote:
    basically, its the same spec as a defy 1 but the defy i want is a carbon so i,ll use this and see how it goes when the insurance comes through.If i really like this i,ll keep it if not ill splash out on a defy comp 1 or 2.

The Defy 1 isn't a carbon bike or are you talking about the Defy comps? Looks a very nice bike btw, enjoy riding it!
  • elderone wrote:

The Defy 1 isn't a carbon bike or are you talking about the Defy comps? Looks a very nice bike btw, enjoy riding it!

The clue is in the quote that you are replying to :wink:
  • elderone wrote:

Just noticed it! My point is therefore invalid, sorry! Can't believe I didn't see it first time round - I put it down to it being a Monday
  • elderone
    elderone wrote:

Just noticed it! My point is therefore invalid, sorry! Can't believe I didn't see it first time round - I put it down to it being a Monday
    :D that made me smile a bit.thanks for replies and info ref tyres.Havn,t ridden it yet as still recovering and just using an old bike to slowly get myself fitter again.
  • Very nice indeed, I like that.

My lbs has a 2012 focus Cayo di2 for £2k just now. If it was that price 2 weeks ago I would have snapped it up.

The Evo? Lovely looking bike, I would have bought one a few weeks back had it been a good fit for me. Was too small though.