lets stop talking about doping

ozzzyosborn206
ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
edited November 2012 in Pro race
yep thats right i am fed up of the same boring crappy questions and claims, ooo he won a race he must be on the gear. Is there doping in womens cycling? is there doping in Elite and 1st cat races, is there racing in 3rd 4th cat racing. Yea there probably is everywhere on a varying scale and not always intentional but how about we talk about the good and the future of our sport all the young up and coming riders who are dead against doping.

Oh and before you say anything yes i do realise this post is about doping can we make the one of the last ones, bored of it now..

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    It's November, there's bugger all else to talk about wrt cycling.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    It also seems to be full of doping.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    MrTapir wrote:
    It also seems to be full of doping.

That's true too.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Doping goes back to the 19th Century and Choppy Warburton and his little black bottle.
    It seems a lot of people want to talk about it now for some obscure reason. :roll:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTog_wf4AUGiqxLK3PmmDX7_V0wu-NKcwaI2NPVC5R0cdlHJsBz
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Not much else to talk about at the moment unfortunately.But yes it is getting a bit dull...
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, lets do like we did in 90's and start over again in 10 years time... Sounds like the idea of the century.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138

Oh and before you say anything yes i do realise this post is about doping can we make the one of the last ones, bored of it now..
    Go back to sleep or get drunk or just go into hibernation for a few months, please.
    The bottle has just been opened and it is still nearly full of revelations and I'm really enjoying the taste but a long way from being drunk.
    It really is that good for me to see the cheats brought down.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    deejay wrote:

Go back to sleep or get drunk or just go into hibernation for a few months, please.
    The bottle has just been opened and it is still nearly full of revelations and I'm really enjoying the taste but a long way from being drunk.
    It really is that good for me to see the cheats brought down.

More cheats brought down for new ones to come in. Aint gonna be a happy ending. It'll just go on and on and on until they stop looking so much. :(
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • MrTapir
    we could always wait for the skiing to really start on eurosport and then talk about Andreas W4nk jumping off a big hill?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,679
    You guys don't watch enough biathlon.
  • MrTapir

they are all at it too (joke)

But seriously, cross country skiing is pretty good, i think it might be the most knackering sport. I like the alpine skiing season too, all the downhill racing. Eurosport is cool, cycling in summer and skiing in winter. Just a shame that there's an interim period where all they show is rubbish sports like tennis and snooker.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391

Hah! Well it;s either Biathlon, doping or...erm...track! :shock:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:

Does no one like cross? That's what keeps me going over the winter. :D
  • ddraver
    THe honest answer Greased, is that I start watching rugby again....
    - @ddraver
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    everyone has been so busy outing lance for such a very long time, and now that its all pretty much done and dusted there aint that much to talk about anymore
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    ddraver wrote:

If you like track, how about speed skating? ok, there's no keirin or madison, but it's big in holland. Great fan base too
  • ddraver
    The only time I ve ever been to a speed skating rink i drove a kart around it! ;)

Yes it was epic fun!
    - @ddraver
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    ddraver wrote:
    The only time I ve ever been to a speed skating rink i drove a kart around it! ;)

Yes it was epic fun!

You philistine!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    MrTapir wrote:

they are all at it too (joke)

But seriously, cross country skiing is pretty good, i think it might be the most knackering sport. I like the alpine skiing season too, all the downhill racing. Eurosport is cool, cycling in summer and skiing in winter. Just a shame that there's an interim period where all they show is rubbish sports like tennis and snooker.

I'm all in for downhill skiing. Anyone over there need a stateside friend(like me) to join
    them at your Swiss condo? :wink:

Just one complaint about this post though. Snooker???? Rubbish sport??? Oh man that's blasphemous, and I'm from the States no less. Love watching the game and used to play a bit in days gone by.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,679
    No interest in athletes/competitors who only turn left.

Now, the elfstedentocht on the other hand....
  • dennisn wrote:
    Just one complaint about this post though. Snooker???? Rubbish sport??? Oh man that's blasphemous, and I'm from the States no less. Love watching the game and used to play a bit in days gone by.

To be fair, snooker isn't a sport, it's a pub game.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Mikey23 wrote:
    everyone has been so busy outing lance for such a very long time, and now that its all pretty much done and dusted there aint that much to talk about anymore

You should prepare yourself for round 2. It's will be as - if not more - entertaining.

The round is dedicated to a man called Johan.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:

According to Hemingway there are only three sports,"... mountain climbing, race car driving, and bullfighting. The rest are just games."
  • dennisn wrote:
    According to Hemingway there are only three sports,"... mountain climbing, race car driving, and bullfighting. The rest are just games."

Yeah, but what does he know! :D
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:

Guess he knew what he liked and knew how to kill himself. :wink:
  • dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Guess he knew what he liked and knew how to kill himself. :wink:

Actually, I've changed my mind. Cycling is a sport or a game. It's a way of life! :D
  • MrTapir
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

What about shooting animals? He seems to have missed that one off his list.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    dennisn wrote:

2570.jpg

He also seems to have followed the sport, as this blog investigates: http://le-grimpeur.net/blog/archives/26
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    Now, the elfstedentocht on the other hand....

They did a smaller version of that last year, but I just could nt take it seriously because of the hilarious way they have to climb out of the canal and then scamper over the road (or whatever) on their skates. What looks hard and manly is reduced to something that looks like a puppy discovering snow for the first time in a second ;)
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95 wrote:
    2570.jpg

Not wearing his helmet though! :wink: