Tour Of Flanders 2013 Sportive

saprkzz
saprkzz Posts: 592
http://sport.be.msn.com/rondevanvlaanderen/2013/eng/

(Link above for registration.)

Have just signed up for this, first time doing it, has any one done this?.. Know what to expect?.. How much ft in climbing? etc... cant wait, I am really looking forward to it.

Discuss..... :lol:

Comments

• blim
    blim Posts: 333
    Hi

Yep; I registered yesterday. I did it in 2010 when it still finished in Ninove. It was a hard day in the saddle, in every way, but superb. The atmosphere is great, and though people will say that there are too many people, for me it just added to the sense of occasion. Couldn't tell you how much climbing there was in ft/metres. The climbs are generally short (1km) but often very steep.

The cobbles are the tricky bit. I found that the flat cobbled sectors are harder than the cobbled climbs, because at least if you're climbing you expect to be going slower, but on the flat sections it's so difficult to get a momentum up (unless you're Belgian or Dutch: they just fly over them) that it can be quite dispiriting. Still, all part of the wonderful world of Flemish cycling.

It's very well organised; feed stops are really well-stocked, though you might have to queue. Well sign-posted and marshalled, and of course for the locals it isn't a nuisance.

Next day for the pro race, the Flemish people go nuts. I can't wait either: I'd go back every year if I could.
    kop van de wedstrijd
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Thanks a lot, its going to be amazing, cant wait to watch the pro race on Sunday... its not long to wait, will come round quickly.