Fixmystreet.com

willy b
willy b Posts: 4,125
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
Basically to marks to TFl and http://www.fixmystreet.com/

A week or so ago I reported a big pothole/road defect through fixmystreet.com. It had been like this for at least 2 weeks when i last hit it and got two pinch flats. I then reported it one morning and didn't really thing anything of it, expecting nothing to happen.

I then got an email from TFL thanking me for brining it to their attention. Anyway, that night, about 8pm I was riding past where the pothole was and there was a lorry and 3 workmen filling it in! :D Top work, that's less than 12 hours from initial report through to fixing the hole.

Some may argue that was a one off. So I notified them again through fixmystreet.com of another pothole, that was yesterday afternoon about 4pm. Rode past this morning and it was all fixed. Seriously impressed now.

Point of the thread is to give TFL and fixmystreet a bit of praise really, so many people bitch about the condition of roads and councils not doing anything about it, but it really does look like TFl are pulling their fingers out!

Comments

• On the flipside I reported a pothole at the start of the year, its now getting bigger :o
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    On the flipside I reported a pothole at the start of the year, its now getting bigger :o

thats inflation for you!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I reported some fly-tipping on FMS, it took several more reports and photo's before it gone removed about 6 weeks after initial report.

Not all that good.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Notifications to FMS are sent to the relevant authority quickly (every one I've seen is <10 minutes) and only takes a few clicks on your smartphone. Incredibly convenient. Work-shy authorities aren't the fault of an app maker.