Amsterdams worst hotel.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
Please click on the link, http://www.hans-brinker.com/ I,ve never been and to be honest it does not apeal to me either.
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    No I'm sorry i can beat that. When I came over for my interview, THe old man flew out afterwards and we got a cheap lastminute.com style hotel. This was supposed to be a 2star hotel. It was a dump!

Hotels in Holland are nt starred on quality but on what features they have, so if you haev an ensuite shower and a telly then you are 2 star. The showers had no lights and nearly all of the tiles were cracked/missing. It had cost us over 100EUR a night and the place was above a dive of a coffee shop (which is saying something!) customed by a totally baked 18yr old British girl who could nt even say 1 word to me. We have stayed in some rough places as a family, in hostels in campsites in youth hostels and mountain huts in Europe, N America and the Himalaya, preferring a longer holiday to comfort, but none of them even came close to how bad that place was.

We paid the guy 50 Eur to cancel the booking (and cancelled the card we used to make the booking quick sharp) and left.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I can't say it's the worst but it certainly aint the best HOTEL DIANA.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • That looks pretty good compared to the one I was shown round last time I was there. The rooms were like long toilet cubicles, there was no room to walk down the side of the bed and the walls were covered with chewing gum and graffiti. The sheets had more cigarette burn holes than actual sheet.
  • Avant
    Avant Posts: 29
    I stayed here during a Stag Weekend a few years ago, seem to remember fondly wishing for a Travelodge after 10 minutes there.

Their policy of mixing up sexes in the rooms was interesting as well, some poor girl had two of our group booked into the same room as her.
  • Avant wrote:
    I stayed here during a Stag Weekend a few years ago, seem to remember fondly wishing for a Travelodge after 10 minutes there.

Their policy of mixing up sexes in the rooms was interesting as well, some poor girl had two of our group booked into the same room as her.

That sounds like a top hotel to me :)