Flashers

2»

Comments

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    In this article (http://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/raf-pilo ... -cyclists/) it suggests that flashing lights are good because "they create contrast and the on-off flashing attracts the peripheral vision in the same manner that movement does."

I use dual flashers on the rear, but a constant beam on the front.

As for lights failing: my main MagicShine failed on Wednesday night. I dug out my two back-up front lights; one was dead, and the other was almost out of power (I think maybe one of them had inadvertently been turned on while hidden away in my bag). I need to remember to check the state of my back-ups more often. In the end I popped in to Harry Hall on the way to the station and bought a Blackburn Super Flea that I can charge up over USB at work. I plan on getting a better permanent replacement though (I fancy that one that was linked up here a week or so ago, with the clever beam pattern).

For grabbing people's attention who are behind me, I find that my blue flashing LEDs work well in combination with the red flashers. At first glance I look like an American cop car.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    I'm in exposure mode. Running two sets of flash/flare, and a Diablo/red eye. Christmas tree? More like a disco.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    Just received some lezyne femto led from wiggles for flashing duties tiny and nicely built
    Think the XML T6 on strobe was a bit harsh on drivers and epilepsy sufferers, now on full power with another generic rear led. hoping the tiny reflective strips on my clothing keeps vehicles at a smart distance, thinking a hiviz rucksack cover should also be on my Santa list :?