Sexy

Peanutt
Peanutt Posts: 229
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
OK, now I've got your attention I have two words for you

Lock and insurance.

Of course there are many of you out there that are sensible and have decent lock and insurance for you bike. I didn't and lost my bike as a result. You might not think that it's that important or that you'll always be around to keep a watchful eye on your trusty steed but trust me at times that won't be the case. There are other aspects to consider as well, your bike is not only a mode of transport, it's your hobby, it's what you do. I can't sit here contemplating wheel upgrades or changes in gear ratios any more, what work I put in to make myself a better engine is slowly fading away, and on a sunny sunday afternoon I can't take the bike out for a ride.

Losing your bike will change your lifestyle dramatically especially if finances are tight and it wasn't insured. Invest in a lock, a good one, always park your bike securely in a well lit area covered by cctv, and if you commute and your regular beater is out of action, walk, don't think for one moment to take your road bike just this once, it won't be there when you get back.

This is just a reminder, shank's pony isn't all it's cut out to be.
No matter where you are, that's where you've been

Comments

• saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Peanutt wrote:
    OK, now I've got your attention I have two words for you

Lock and insurance.

Of course there are many of you out there that are sensible and have decent lock and insurance for you bike. I didn't and lost my bike as a result. You might not think that it's that important or that you'll always be around to keep a watchful eye on your trusty steed but trust me at times that won't be the case. There are other aspects to consider as well, your bike is not only a mode of transport, it's your hobby, it's what you do. I can't sit here contemplating wheel upgrades or changes in gear ratios any more, what work I put in to make myself a better engine is slowly fading away, and on a sunny sunday afternoon I can't take the bike out for a ride.

Losing your bike will change your lifestyle dramatically especially if finances are tight and it wasn't insured. Invest in a lock, a good one, always park your bike securely in a well lit area covered by cctv, and if you commute and your regular beater is out of action, walk, don't think for one moment to take your road bike just this once, it won't be there when you get back.

This is just a reminder, shank's pony isn't all it's cut out to be.

Gutted for you, I have been there 15 years ago when my pride and joy went, but I was stupid enough to leave it out side a mates house and we were inside for over an hour, the bike was just laid down on his front lawn ..DOH!!

Sorry to hear about your bad news, hope you get it sorted soon and get a replacement soon!
  • Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    Peanutt, some day, you will pay for this deception... prolly with your BIKE!!!!

OTOH, this is one of the rationales for my owning over 20 at the moment... while I'd hate to test this reasoning, I've always at least thought that even if one were stolen, I'd have 19 fallback positions.

Course, as we speak, today's bike is locked outside in a relatively public place with an decent cable lock and my eye towards the window where I can keep a bit of an eye on it. Only once in the last decade have I left a bike unlocked and that was only because it was right outside my window... and hidden in some bushes.
  • Peanutt
    Peanutt Posts: 229
    56 views in 20 minutes, the power of advertising.

Seriously though, it is important, you don't realise how much of you is a cyclist until you can't do it anymore.
    No matter where you are, that's where you've been
  • Peanutt wrote:

and the sad thing is we were all expecting to see a sexy road bike. :?
  • Buckie2k5 wrote:
    Peanutt wrote:

and the sad thing is we were all expecting to see a sexy road bike. :?

Here you are Buckie 8)
    :mrgreen:

http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/series/ultimate-cf-slx.html
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul