New bike - suddenly unridable - advice please

chrisaonabike
chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
As some may remember from my other ramblings here, my other half bought me my bike a little over a month ago as an early 50th birthday present.

Today is my birthday - and look what she's done to it:

8187918728_1e91e52c05.jpg

I'm not allowed to unwrap any prezzies till tonight when she gets home, I obviously can't ride it in that state, yet the roads are dry and inviting...

Help!!
Is the gorilla tired yet?

Comments

• zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    It could start a new fashion trend.....
  • Subtle colouring of the ribbon.................. what the hell, take it out for a spin, no one will notice. Just make sure you ride the quieter roads, the ribbons may get spotted in built up areas.

Happy Birthday mate!!!! Enjoy the bike.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Wear one of her frocks, slap some slap on and announce yourself as Mandy to anyone who raises an eyebrow at you. Then get out on it.
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    CiB wrote:
    Wear one of her frocks, slap some slap on and announce yourself as Mandy to anyone who raises an eyebrow at you. Then get out on it.

Thats just outrageous to suggest.... It should be Mary, not Mandy.
  • CiB wrote:

This!
  • Stuuu
    Stuuu Posts: 46
    How good is your ribbon tying? Untie and tie once you are done. Simples.

Happy Birthday.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    You just need one of these to go with it
  • No one will notice the ribbons if you are going fast enough.

Happy Birthday.
  • If you can't ride it till SWMBO gives you permission, I'd be checking all the bolts / gears are indexed correctly, nuts tightened etc. etc. that way you can just jump on it and out the door.
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    I can see the OP's problem - an unmatched pair of lights looks awful.
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    happy 50th...enjoy and remember..real men wear ribbons.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Thanks all!

The girl bought me Tyler Hamilton's 'The Secret Race' as a bonus present, so I was chuffed about that - I wasn't expecting it at all.

I'll have a think about where else to put the ribbons once they're off the bike...
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Tie em' from one end to the rear of your helmet. You'll look super fast!

Happy birthday!
  • Thanks all!

The girl bought me Tyler Hamilton's 'The Secret Race' as a bonus present, so I was chuffed about that - I wasn't expecting it at all.

I'll have a think about where else to put the ribbons once they're off the bike...

I'm on page 115 at the moment, great book. Shame you probably know the outcome :wink:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • You'd think she'd have used World Champ colours...!?

Seriously though, it's a nice touch and your luckily that your wife is so supportive... many on here seem to comment that their respective other halves aren't. I hope you had a great birthday and enjoy riding your new steed :)
    Still trying to convince the missus of the n+1 rule...!