Antur Stiniog Black Powder

phoebian
phoebian Posts: 497
edited November 2012 in Your pics and vids
Here is a video from Saturday's ride with friends

Second time on the trail, no special skills and a few mistakes. Loads of fun.

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/ukAJ6OLE6vs

Comments

• 0:12 - why does no-one ever got right?
  • phoebian
    Oh wow there is a fork, I didn't even notice that!
  • hehe! I think I've seen 1 video where people go right, and its a nuts DH track! Farily certain there are bigger drops than on the track on the left!
  • phoebian
    I knew there was another more "gnarlier" black but didn't realise it was there lol.

I'll give it a walk next time I am there.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I'm heading there tomorrow, pretty excited! No doubt I'll get some videos as well :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    I'm heading there tomorrow, pretty excited! No doubt I'll get some videos as well :)

Take the right run pleaaaaaase. Or I will get you.
  • ilovedirt
    Haha, I will do. I plan to do every run once at least. I'll try and get it on video for you ;)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    0:12 - why does no-one ever got right?

Because you have to be stupid to go right.... It turns steeper on the black. There's one mental drop off towards the bottom which I have no intention of doing, apart from that, it is just mainly really steep. Only did it once last time there as it was the first day it was open and wasn't really finished.
    Going back again next weekend so will have another bash (or 2) at it.

Black powder is such a nice run though, could just do that all day long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtbsrUijM4M&feature=related This was a couple of weeks before we went, Josh was back again the same day as us, t'is good to watch proper riders....
    Anyways, the track was a little more finished when we rode it, we didn't have to detour round the digger :) but generally, it was as per the vid. As usual though, you get absolutely no idea of the steepness involved, it is properly steep. Oh and the bit at 3:07 is what I mentioned as the mental drop off. Looks nothing on vid, but it is like going down the side of a house.
  • ilovedirt
    Yeahhh, rode that double black once when I went last friday, it's pretty damn steep in places! Plus it still didn't seem finished in places, and the rocks were silly slippy in the wet. Couldn't brake/turn in places, didn't really enjoy it... I can put up the headcam video of it if you want but it's not very good.

Couple of the lads i went with did that drop at the bottom - apparently it's not as bad as it looks, but I still didn't fancy it, it's pretty huge! I did only look at it from the top though, apparently the transition isn't as flat as it looks.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Haha, it is a proper drop isn't it !!

Bet you enjoyed black powder though?!
  • ilovedirt
    Aye, black powder and the other two were a hoot! Even the blue was fun on a downhill bike, properly well built trails there, loved it! :) Some decent size hucks in places as well if you went for it!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5