Carbon seat posts???

irvs
irvs Posts: 204
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Afternoof everyone, I'm thinking of getting a carbon seat post, can someone please recommend me a few good examples that won't break the bank.

Thanks Neil.

Comments

• EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    look on carboncycles.cc - I used to have an exotic post on my old bike - bought it second hand off here and it was great.
  • irvs
    Cheers.
  • ADL
    ADL Posts: 138
    FSA SL-K, quite happy with it.
  • irvs
    Thanks.
  • Neal_
    Neal_ Posts: 477
    Search "hylix seatpost" on ebay
  • irvs
    Im having real trouble finding a carbon seat post suitable for my bike (giant revel 1) it takes a 30.9mm diameter post, all the posts im finding are either smaller of larger diameter!!! Has anyone any ideas please???

thanks neil.
  • Neal_
    Neal_ Posts: 477
    Irvs wrote:
    Im having real trouble finding a carbon seat post suitable for my bike (giant revel 1) it takes a 30.9mm diameter post, all the posts im finding are either smaller of larger diameter!!! Has anyone any ideas please???

thanks neil.

Shim it http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=306
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    ADL wrote:
    FSA SL-K, quite happy with it.

I've got one of these on my Santa Cruz - looks fab and makes me think I must be going faster because it's lighter.... :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Ritchey Super Logic from Merlin :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Off the top of my head Easton, Ritchey and New Ultimate all do 30.9s. Plenty of others too. But yes, if you want many of the cheaper options shimming is easier.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    I have the easton zero offset one.

IMHO, with carbon seat post you need a twin clamp or a clamp for the frame and a clap for the post itself.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I disagree, from years of carbon posts and frames, I've never had a twin clamp (had an S-Works which came with one, but changed it to a lighter Hope bolt one), and never had any problems.