As a few of you cycle to work have a read and prepare to

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited November 2012 in The Crudcatcher
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    It did if your interested in some sports direct shares.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    DodgeT wrote:
    It did if your interested in some sports direct shares.

i know, i thought he was giving us some insider info there to make some cash :lol:
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Meh, the ongoing argument that will never be settled as each party thinks they are right.

Next
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • oodboo
    this bit made me laugh though:
    Don’t get me wrong, I actually love cycling. I just choose to do it in the safety and comfort of a spinning class at the gym.

Strava
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Presumably she's angry at cyclists because her late mother was a whore, as is intimated in paragraph one of the article.

A really inflammatory article and a poor piece of journalism. She should be ashamed of herself.
  • The problem commonly is though that all cyclists get grouped together, so as far as she and many others are concerned, the old lady riding to the shop, the chav on his stolen mtb, the commuter, the roadie on a club run, etc are all just grouped under "cyclists" and so we are classed as kerb riding, helmet avoiding, red light jumpers, tarred by the actions of the minority but usually more commonly seen.
    It is a bit like me assuming that all cars are manned by mobile phone using, drink driving, speeders. Yes 'some' do but on the whole, the majority don't.
    It's not an argument I even entertain very often now, I just accept they have their views and I cant or dont care enough to put my energy into changing them. All I can do is be visible, be safe, abide the laws of the road and go about my business
  • oodboo
    Journolistic equivelent of trolling.

Editor: Get some hits on the website or you're out b1tch!
    Camilla: Ok boss, what do you reckon, still up some racial hatred or kick off another good old cyclists v motorists keyboard fight?

Strava
  • oodboo
    gavbarron wrote:
    The problem commonly is though that all cyclists get grouped together, so as far as she and many others are concerned, the old lady riding to the shop, the chav on his stolen mtb, the commuter, the roadie on a club run, etc are all just grouped under "cyclists" and so we are classed as kerb riding, helmet avoiding, red light jumpers, tarred by the actions of the minority but usually more commonly seen.
    It is a bit like me assuming that all cars are manned by mobile phone using, drink driving, speeders. Yes 'some' do but on the whole, the majority don't.
    It's not an argument I even entertain very often now, I just accept they have their views and I cant or dont care enough to put my energy into changing them. All I can do is be visible, be safe, abide the laws of the road and go about my business
    I'd say the cyclists that stop at lights, stick to the roads and do everything else right are in the minority.

Strava
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Thinking about it I don't know why I'm even reacting, it's the Daily Express for gods sake.

If I was surprised every time they ran a crappy piece of journalism my heart would have exploded years ago.
  • It's clearly a wind-up in response to this blog entry posted a couple of months ago:

http://aseasyasridingabike.wordpress.co ... -bicycles/

I mean, it's pretty much word-for-word.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    oodboo wrote:
    this bit made me laugh though:
    Don’t get me wrong, I actually love cycling. I just choose to do it in the safety and comfort of a spinning class at the gym.

Probably whilst moaning about the size of her fat harris and palid skin colour and staring at the rear of an instructor in lycra who probably rides a real bike.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    I think she's doing a bit of back-pedaling on twitter...

EDIT "@CamillaTominey Sunday Express Royal Editor.... Ardent realist." Definitely a spoof.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Aah, the good old Torygraph. Surprised she didn't link cyclists to Diana's death. Everything else in that rag seems to...
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • Pretty rich coming from a female jouno named "Camilla To" miney
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    The trouble with cyclists is that they take themselves so very seriously, don’t they?
    It's ok people. Chill out, with comments like that, she's obviously not referring to any crudders. Or any mountain bikers I've met either, for that matter.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So her mum realised that cyclists make better lovers and now she's pissed becuase she can't pull one and get all that superior quality shagging herself?

I ride to work, I don't jump lights, I don't ride any of the 300m of pavements alongside my 6.7mile commute and I don't wear lycra or anything else skin tight, I do wear a helmet and have enough of a life to realise that spinning classes are a very poor substitute.

Do you think she's the infamous women on the commuter forum known only as "The Receptionist"? Or maybe said person was her mum.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.